Will PPA 1.0 > Expand

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Myhost, Mar 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myhost

Myhost Bit Poster

Hi Andrey

Will the first release be able to complete with the current functionality of Expand? In other words, We are using Expand to manage Mail , DNS and MySQL accross a number of shared PLESK servers . Will PPA1.0 have that functionality from the start ?

Regards
    Martin

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, Martin,
    YES. We are preparing a full migration script from Expand to PPA. If you’d agree to beta-test it, that would great!

Regards,
    Andrey

3. Myhost

Myhost Bit Poster

Hi Andrey

Ok , you can mail me on the info if you like , I think you have my email address?

Cheers
    Martin

4. CryoGenID

CryoGenID Mega Poster

Hello!

We are in the same boat, we have a few plesk servers and a centralized email-server with IceWarp.

Will that all be supported in PPA?
    How about PHP security? Currently we have developed our own suPHP-Installation, will s.th. like that be supported?

Thanks a lot!

Really looking forward to see the successor of Expand!
    Hopefully there will be good prices of us old Expand customers who have a paid a lot of money for SUS but not received any updates in the last years (where we still had to pay SUS)...

Best regards,

Chris

5. Andrew Andriatis

Hi,
    With respect to PHP configuration options, the product is based on Plesk capabilities. If you have special proprietary additions to Plesk installations, you may still apply them to your web nodes.
    Central mail server(s) are provisioned in the PPA environment by a pluggable APS package specific to each mail system. We don’t have plans to implement IceWarp APS package in the first release. This should be discussed separately.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

6. CryoGenID

CryoGenID Mega Poster

Thanks for your reply!

Then we are looking forward to PPA and I will open another Thread for IceWarp-Support ;-)

Best regards,

Christian

7. LicensingD

LicensingD Bit Poster

Put me down for expand migration script as well please. :)

8. Andrew Andriatis

The instructions on migration are here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.