WHMCS, Welcome e-mail and usernames

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by cbox, May 31, 2014.

1. cbox

cbox Kilo Poster

Hi,

I have recently setup PPA and already use WHMCS.
    I can provision accounts without any issues, however i need to be able to send a good looking welcome letter like the regular plesk panel integration.
    As i don't know which server the account is provisioned to, i can't really send any IP informations to the customer.

Should the welcome e-mail be sent from PPA instead or how do you guys solve this?

Also, i noticed that FTP username and password does not follow the WHMCS login.
    username is like sub2_87 or similar with a password i don't know.

Last, the configuration options was not created as the documentation states.
    Is there an easy way to add them?

Thanks in advance. :)
    // Sylvester

2. cbox

cbox Kilo Poster

3. efisher@

efisher@ Bit Poster

+1 for me as well. This is a major annoyance and I was hoping that it would have been resolved in PPA 11.5. Sadly, it was not.

4. cbox

cbox Kilo Poster

So how do you handle it?
    It works so well with Plesk Panel, but apparently the Plesk Automation integration is not really done and fully tested in my opinion.

5. efisher@

efisher@ Bit Poster

What we've been forced to do is remove the FTP information from the welcome letter and instead provide instructions that they will need to configure their own FTP access via the PPA panel. Not idea, but so far nobody has said anything and we do have customers using FTP.