WHMCS Module Error "...trying to set up a subscription with multiple webspaces"

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by eugenevdm, Apr 30, 2014.

1. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Guru

Whilst trying to create an ordinary subscription with PPA 11.5 Update 04 WHMCS module, we get this error:

1. We are confused. What exactly is a "webspace"? The only good documentation we found with Google for now is in the release notes for 11.5:
    Is a webspace a website? Does the above mean before you could not have websites on multiple servers but now you can? Is this related to our error?

2. Why are we getting this error? As far as we know our WHMCS module has been working all along :) please help

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

A "webspace" is a Plesk construct, which includes one main domain and add-on domains. Each of them can have subdomains and domain aliases. The specifics of the webspace is that all its sites are sitting on the same IP and belong to the same system user on the web server. To have really independent sites you need different webspaces.

The 11.5 release of PPA introduced possibility of having multiple webspaces in a single subscription. This resulted in a different treatment of some of the limits on the resources in the service template. While earlier the limits on such resource classes as Subscription, Apache Webspace, IIS Webspace, Mail service, DB hosting were not considered, now they become meaningful and are calculated for the entire subscription. Each such resource could be used by a particular webspace. So, if you want the previous model to work, make sure the limits on all these resources are set to "1".

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

3. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Guru

Can you speculate why WHMCS is not working any more when creating a subscription?

4. Andrew Andriatis

As I said, check the limits in your service template. Probably you have multi-webspace subscription where it should be a single.

5. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Guru

Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for the help. I am still confused because *I think* this used to work until recently.

In WHMCS we have a product called Linux Silver Hosting linked to "Package Id" #32 for Module PleskAutomation. I have attached a screenshot.

I have also attached screenshot of the templates values for #32. Where do I check for "multi-webspace subscription"?

Attached Files:

6. Andrew Andriatis

Set the limit of MySQL database resource to "1". This is the DB server assigned to a subscription. The number of databases is limited under the Apache resource - "Number of MySQL databases".

Regards,
    Andrey

7. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Guru

I think there is something I don't understand. This template, #32, allows the client 5 MySQL databases. Won't setting it to 1 cause them to end up with the incorrect number of resources?

8. Andrew Andriatis

Hi, Eugene,
    No, it won't. There is a terminology issue. In the screenshot above there is a resource called "MySQL database" with the limit = 5. In reality it should be called "MySQL Server". This resource assigns a particular DB server to the subscription. How many databases can be created for a webspace is defined inside Apache resource, which sets the limits for the webspace.

Plesk allows only one MySQL server to be assigned to a webspace. So, the limit = 1 for the "MySQL database" resource is the right setting for the single webspace service template.

Regards,
    Andrey