What Scripts would you like added to Application Vault?

Discussion in 'Plesk 7.1 Reloaded 3rd Party Software' started by bazookajoe, Oct 1, 2004.

1. bazookajoe

bazookajoe Guest

Hi,

I have started development of adding TONS of scripts to the application vault. We would like to know what all of you would like to see in it. Here is our current list of added and fully tested scripts.

Current Scripts
    4Images (1.7)
    AdvancedGuestBook (2.3.1)
    AdvancedPoll (2.0.3)
    b2evolution (0.9.0.11)
    FAQMasterFlex (1.0)
    Nucleus (3.1)
    ODFaq (2.1.0)
    phpAdsNew (2.0)
    phpBB (2.0.10)
    PhpCollab (2.4)
    PhpNuke (7.5)
    PHProjekt (4.2)
    Wordpress (1.2)
    Xoops (2.0.7.3)
    YaBBSE (1.5.5)

We are adding more and more everyday.

Thanks
    Tyler Walters

2. whoim

whoim Guest

Hmh.. I'd like to see the newest version of phpBB (2.0.10), PhpWiki, InvisionBoard, YaBBSE, CubeCart, FAQMasterFlex, Coppermine Photo Gallery, PHPlist, Advanced Poll, phpESP, WebCalendar and AdvancedGuestBook. Thank you :)

3. akamaka

akamaka Kilo Poster

Mambo 4.5.1a.

A way to easy update these scripts when new version come out.

4. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Product Expert

Ive looked into that, updating scripts once installed is pretty difficult. Odd's are you're more likely to destroy your users apps than be able to reliably upgrade them.

5. jstuart

jstuart Guest

At this time, the app vault doesn't have a way to do upgrades. :( ALL you can do is install, reconfigure, and remove.

6. bazookajoe

bazookajoe Guest

Update:

Added
    AdvancedGuestBook (2.3.1)
    AdvancedPoll (2.0.3)
    ODFaq (2.1.0)

More Coming... :)

7. bazookajoe

bazookajoe Guest

Update:

Added
    b2evolution (0.9.0.11)
    FAQMasterFlex (1.0)
    phpBB (2.0.10)
    YaBBSE (1.5.5)

More Coming....

8. whoim

whoim Guest

And i want that I can install scripts into the root directory.. I mean no folder, e.g. /home/httpd/vhosts/my.host.com/httpdocs not only /home/httpd/vhosts/my.host.com/httpdocs/phpBB etc.

9. Who-m3

Who-m3 Tera Poster

How about a link to where we can download these applications for our own application vaults?

10. alex042

alex042 Guest

Will this be available to the public?

11. whoim

whoim Guest

Yes, but only when plesk have new release..

12. bazookajoe

bazookajoe Guest

This has yet to be decided, we are actually looking at doing a lite a pro version one with 25 and the other with 50+ and also work on more features like upgrading which i could do if plesk was willing to work with me. All I need for that is if a file upgrade is there just like if reconfigure is there show a upgrade icon in the main menu and have 2 .php files to handle them. But i can do that easy. The ability to install the the root directory, again i will look at that and see if i can just add a check box to say install into the root directory. But I might only be able to do that in the backend of plesk I will look at it.

And I am thinking of a small fee just to pay for my time and keep me upgrading all the scripts on a weekly/monthly basis. Something cheap. I hope you all understand and agree. I will be putting 50+ scripts in this for as cheap as possible.

I would love feedback and I am not just here to make a $ i love plesk and want to see it grow which is why i am adding TONS of scripts.

If you have any script request just let me know.

13. whoim

whoim Guest

14. PixyPumpkin

PixyPumpkin Tera Poster

15. boxes

boxes Guest

16. boxes

boxes Guest

17. midibach

midibach Guest

Anything safe_mode compatible. It would be nice to have a list of applications known to work flawlessly under safe mode.

18. bazookajoe

bazookajoe Guest

19. exothermic

exothermic Mega Poster

From what you have posted, all I can see is that you have asked people what they wanted, and then shown what you have done. Is there someway to download, purchase or get ahold of these in someway, or were just posting for a pat on the back?

20. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Product Expert

Ive got updates to phpBB, postnuke, and Mambo available in my archives now, and I'm working on some osCommerce improvements at the moment.