Webspace with primary domain name <xxx.com> already exists.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ChristianCr, Feb 10, 2014.

1. ChristianCr

ChristianCr Kilo Poster

Having an issue whereby a subscription failed to be deployed due to differences between the PPA template and the Hosting Plan (as a side issue how can I synchronise the plan to the template, this would seem a natural thing for it to do).

So I correct the error and now the domain originally used seems stuck somewhere inside the system.

The only reference I can find to it is in the mysql database aspc.dm_basedomain. The information there seems to be the one connected with the subscription, I cannot see any other reference to it in PBAS.

Any ideas on how to clear this? I am wondering if it's now seeing the domain associated with the domain as a preexisting domain. I've noticed a number of incidences that don't seem to take account of failures and therefore some data that could be part of the original attempt

2. ChristianCr

ChristianCr Kilo Poster

So I've just gone into the the Migration Director -> PA Subscriptions and found a conflict

I chose to resolve it by creating a PA Subscription. This seems to have allowed the subscription through.

However, I have the domain, but no panel regarding the webhosting etc.

3. ChristianCr

ChristianCr Kilo Poster

Umm worrying signs

So I managed to get it up and running.

Ended up having to add webspace from inside the PPA panel, as it seemed not to fully deploy the system after the first failed attempt.

I've a bunch more subscriptions to add for customers, will report to see if there seems to be a general problem.

4. ChristianCr

ChristianCr Kilo Poster

It appears that after removing the original subscription and using a second, the system still has the old domain in the system.

I can see references to the domain on the Plesk Panel server, but not in any of the DBs. At this moment I'm not sure how the process works, if the scripts are finding the existing directory and not continuing, or there is some reference in the DBs I've yet to find.

The main issue I have is not seeing any mechanism in the webadmin system for PPA or PBAS to remove the "reference".

5. ChristianCr

ChristianCr Kilo Poster

To clarify the issue.

On the Plesk Panel server I am finding a web directory to the domain I am trying to add, which appears to be locally owed to a user I can trace to previously being on the old subscription.

From what I can see this subscription is no longer live. I'm having difficulty understanding the role of the two (mysql and postgresql) database systems on the PPA node as both seem to be involved somehow.

Two things I'm noting is that in the mysql database psa

The domain has webspace_id and webspace_status = 0. I'm not sure if this means inactive. If this is the case why is it blocking the resuse of the domain.

6. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi,

There seem to be a lack of understanding how PPA is built.

PPA is an integration project consisting of POA (Parallels Operations Automation) core and Parallels Plesk Panel (Plesk) as a shared hosting component. PAO is responsible for account management (customers, service templates, subscriptions) and infrastructure management (software installation and updates, installation and monitoring of service nodes, IP pools, DNS hosting). Plesk configures web and mail hosting remotely on the web and mail node via its own agent installed there. Both POA and Plesk are installed on the Management Node. Plesk screens are imbedded into POA screens inside both provider and customer panels. PostgreSQL belongs to POA. MySQL DB belongs to Plesk.

When a hosting subscription is created in POA, it involves Plesk API to create a corresponding subscription in Plesk. That's why you see a domain in both databases. If you have a situation when a domain is missing in PPA (POA), but is still present in Plesk, this means that the previous subscription was not removed cleanly. Most probably there was a failed task in the Task Manager. If it was canceled without resolving the issue, which caused the failure, you'll get exactly this situation.

When PBAS comes to the picture, it adds the 3rd layer of integration. Now the subscription is first created in PBAS as the business system, then it invokes PPA to provision the subscription via API, and PPA invokes Plesk API to create a hosting subscription in it. PBAS has its own DNS management. It uses a special plugin in POA to propagate the DNS zones from POA to its own DNS farm.

Usually if a domain is not seen in PPA, but still hangs in Plesk, it is safe to remove it from the Pleks DB manually.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis
    Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager