VPS account with 200GB disk quota

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tnats@, Jan 6, 2007.

1. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

In one of my Virtuozzo plans, I have disk space quote at 10GB. The Maximum Consumable value is 200 GB. I've had two users sign up for this now and both show they have 200GB available to them. (under vps resources page)

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is this some sort of bug?

Thanks for any help,
    Tom

2. jamin

jamin Kilo Poster

Virtuozzo allocates the full amount of max consumed space set just in case it needs to be used. If you have VPE set to 1 Gig and max consumable value set to 5 gigs it will allocate 5 Gigs as space used.

I hope this helps.

There are ways around it using plans is HSPc using a plan with max space allowed to use as 100Gigs but set to zero charge if used. That way you can set VPE as 5 Gig provided and if space is needed they can upgarde within console at zero cost.

3. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

Gotcha, it makes sense now. Thanks so much for your reply!

4. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

Since I have your attention....I just opened a ticket today for this issue:

========================
    I have a VPS customer who wants to change their hostname from gura.com to tablemtn.com. On the node, I did a vzctl set 133 --hostname tablemtn.com --save but when HSP synchronizes the VPS, it changes the name back to gura.com.

How can I do this so HSP sees it at tablemtn.com?
    (HSP 3.2)
    ========================

Any idea? Thanks again,
    Tom

5. jamin

jamin Kilo Poster

You have to make sure that in HSPc the client has that domain registered to their account or available to be used by them. Then in VPS properties under Hostname you can change host name to *.domain.com . I hope this helps.

6. tnats@

tnats@ Mega Poster

Got it, thanks. I had to go create the domain in HSP/cp then I made it default. Thanks again. When my support runs out, I should just pay you. :)

7. jamin

jamin Kilo Poster

I am actually looking for someone soon in US that can setup a VPS so I can use as external DNS linked to my HSPc, we could perhaps reciprocate setup on each others network. If you are interested I would be keen to look at it. My email is jamin@conetix.com.au if you need any help with HSPc etc we have been running it for over 3 years. Cheers Jamin