Vote for Parallels Plesk Automation Features

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Andrew Andriatis, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Dear ALL:
    To help us in the feature requests prioritization, I would like to ask you voting for the suggested features at the UserVoice PPA site: http://pleskautomation.uservoice.com/forums/216577-ppa-improvements. There you can cast your voices for already filed requests and suggest your own ideas. Just keep in mind that each of you will have only 5 (FIVE) voices. So, be careful to read the entire list before you announce your priorities.

Thanks for participation,
    Andrey Andriatis
    Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager

2. dleo-cyber24

dleo-cyber24 Kilo Poster

Does any Odin developer read this list anyways? Because this was written in 2013 and no real feature was ever released up to now. Are there even plans for real new versions of PPA? Currently I see only minor bug fixes but no new features. It would be nice to know if there is any future for PPA or if we should move on.

3. BitPoint

BitPoint Kilo Poster

Hello,
    It would be really nice to have a roadmap or something similar. Please give us more Information, thank you.
    Regards
    Martin

4. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

Yes, it is under development. However, I don't have ETA for release.

5. Micahel_Jochum

Micahel_Jochum Bit Poster

Are there any new information about the development from Plesk Automation ?
    We would like use Plesk Automation but not with this old requirements for the nodes, there are serval steps behind from the actual status at a linux server.

6. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

What's wrong with "old requirements for the nodes" ?

7. SteveITS

SteveITS Mega Poster

We would have also preferred an option for a newer OS. While CentOS 6 on paper has a few (5) years left, it does seem that some software already requires third party repositories to install (MySQL 5.5) or isn't supported (MySQL 5.6).

That said, while we were investigating PA I heard a few comments from sales staff about a new version planned for later this year. Odin obviously can't give a date if it's not close to ready, because as a developer I know that as soon as you do that, something delays it and everyone's mad...

8. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

In 11.6 list of OSes will stay the same.

However, I don't know what will happen in version after 11.6, since new platform will be used and I am not a part of it.

9. telisp

telisp Kilo Poster

This means still no RHEL7 or Centos7 but RHEL7 was released over a year ago... There are more than 100 open issues on uservoice and only 2 of them have the status "Planned". This is really frustrating!
    We have no idea what will be in 11.6 - it stays a mystery... Ah - and what do you mean with "new platform"? Why don't you be a bit more open to the customers? Why don't you discuss openly what features will be included in the next version? Everybody could profit - i can not understand this behaviour. (I don't mean you as indivual, but your company).

10. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

>Why don't you be a bit more open to the customers?
    I'd like to be open and customer-oriented, really. But public relationships and other communications - are not even close to me. I'm mere developer, who's patching your hosting automation solution and posting on this forum for fun.
    So, I don't know, if I can release this information or not. Maybe it's something top-secret :)

Just believe me, if it would be easy to add support for Centos7\RHEL7 to PA, I would be first to ask my boss "Why not add this feature?".

11. Micahel_Jochum

Micahel_Jochum Bit Poster

First: Sorry for my absence.
    What I mean: We are investing in new hardware in the datacenter, we would like redesign our service concept.
    Actual we use debian 7 and Windows 2012 R2 as a server os for our dns, email, webserver, databases etc.
    We implement in Froxlor the functionality to manage different linux servers with different services with only one Froxlor installation.
    If we start to use Plesk Service Automation, for Windows and Linux (one sureface for all services) in our new concept, we must go in the server OS technology few steps behind from our actual status.
    Sorry, but I think that is not a good idea :(
    Our solution will be continue with our Froxlor derivat for linux services and use Plesk Service Automation only for Windows services, with hope there comes a big upgrade for Plesk Service Automation and not a EOL ;)

12. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

Unfortunately, I cannot help you anyhow now. The only way is to wait for PA Phoenix (12.0).

13. telisp

telisp Kilo Poster

What is PA Phoenix (12.0)? When will it be released? What are its features? We are eager to know more! :)

Micahel_Jochum likes this.
  14. Starl1ght

Starl1ght Just a cat

Phoenix is codename for next version of Plesk Automation after 11.6. Actually, I don't know what "killer features" will be here, but, Centos\RHEL7 support will be implemented. Release date? I guess, not in this year :)