Update VZU600039 critical compartibility issue

Discussion in 'Installation, Configuration and Upgrade' started by Alex_cl, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Alex_cl

Alex_cl Bit Poster

Configuration: Windows Server 2008R2 sp1 + Containers v 6.0 on Supermicro B9DRT board with Intel I350 network adapters. Intel network driver and tools installed. Multiple VLANs configured on the adapter.
    Problem: Installation of the VZU600039 update completely breaks network access to the containers on the node (actually, ICMP works and new connections can be estabished right after node reboot, but no data flow). Containers can start, but can not be stopped (operation fails after a long timeout). Network adapter properties dialog on the node becomes unresponsive.

Full reinstall of the host OS + Containers + ALL updates results in non-functional installation. Even auto-generated PVA container is not accessible. Uninstalling VZU600039 DOES NOT HELP.

We've used this product for quite a long time, but installing recent updates resulted in a disaster...

2. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Odin Team

Hello Alex,

Thanks for the feedback, it's very important.
    Last updates (38 and 39) were about fixing vlan-related issues.
    If you're 100% sure it's exactly 39 that breaks the network, not 38, I will ask you to submit a ticket to support in order to investigate this deeper.
    Rest assured, support incidents are refunded if they're caused by a bug.

3. Alex_cl

Alex_cl Bit Poster

Hello Pavel,
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yes, I'm quite sure it is. At least, I have now a fresh installed system with everything but 39 applied and two containers (test and PVA) connected to different VLANs and working as expected.
    I've submitted a ticket #2058490.

4. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Odin Team

AFAIK update 39 has even been re-spinned, but I'm afraid not all problems were solved.
    Thanks for submitting a ticket, it's important to get such feedback in a timely manner.