Unable to do clean install on RHEL6.5 or CentOS 6.5 after update #2

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by UlrichD, Feb 24, 2014.

1. UlrichD

UlrichD Kilo Poster

After clean minimal installation of OS I get to this point.

It looks like it is hanging on the pem service start. When I try to start it manually "server pem start" it hangs indefinitely.

[LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:20:31.300 INFO System has successfully upgraded to ppa-11.5-954158 (version 5.5.2)
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:20:31.310 INFO *** Importing manifests ***
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:20:31.311 INFO *** Importing packages ***
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:20:31.311 INFO Starting the system
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:22:31.843 ERROR ExecFailed service pem start exited with non-zero status 1
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:22:31.845 ERROR <class 'poaupdater.uUtil.ExecFailed'>
    [LOGTEE]: service pem start exited with non-zero status 1
    [LOGTEE]: 2014-02-24 16:22:31.853 ERROR POA installation failed. Check installation log at /var/log/poa-install.log
    [ERROR]: Failed to execute command: ['/var/cache/ppa/dists/PPA_11.5.0/POA/install', '--config', '/var/cache/ppa/dists/PPA_11.5.0/POA/poa_config', '--batch', '--reinstall']
    [INFO]: Checking that there were no failed resource allocations by VZ user beancounters...
    [ERROR]: See installation log file /tmp/ppa_installer.log for details.

2. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Hi UlrichD,

You are asking about installation, but by some reasons, run the upgrader:). Moreover, as far as i understood, you run the upgrader which is used to upgrade PPA from 11.1 till 11.5. It's wrong. According to above log, PPA is already up-to-date. To apply the latest micro-update (MU#02), run the command /usr/local/ppa/bin/ppa_update --install-updates Again, the utility "ppa_update" is provided by PPA to install updates for current installed version.

3. UlrichD

UlrichD Kilo Poster

No, I download and execute:
    ./ppa_installer --password PASS --admin-email me@domain.com

4. UlrichD

UlrichD Kilo Poster

No I download the ppa_installer as described and run it.

During the install it checks for and executes the udl2 script... seems that might be a problem because it looks a little like the upgrade detects it is already applied.

5. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Is this permanent issue? Did you try to re-run the installation script again? Please check the system logs /var/log/messages. if find nothing interesting there, can please provide ssh access to investigate the problem. Thanks!

6. UlrichD

UlrichD Kilo Poster

I have tried rerunning the script multiple times, same problem.
    I have tried reinstalling the server from reformatted drive, same problem again and again.

/var/log/messages contains nothing out of the ordinary, yum package installs and rsyslogd restart.

I am sending you login details in a private message

7. GrigoryK

GrigoryK Odin Team

We've checked your server. You are using a set of custom scripts and cron jobs which breaks PPA installation.
    You need to disable them and perform the installation again.

Please note that PPA installer configures server firewall itself when necessary.
    The firewall is also altered during regular work in case of service nodes registration/removal.

So, resetting it to default state via cron job is a way to break your PPA installation.