unable to add 2012 R2 Serer

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by cyberhostpro, Feb 17, 2014.

1. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

HI

Today i setup a test environment. I have all fresh OS installs today. Management node is Centos 6.5 with PPA 11.5 update 2
    I go to servers > add > choose IIS role. The Server is Windows 2012 R2, I have disabled Windows Firewall and disabled UAC, and rebooted it before trying to setup on PPA.

Enter IP and i get the following error.

Code:
    Automated WinRM Enabling Failed
    Error during WinRM enabling on '192.168.1.101'. Script exit code is 1. Script output (stdout/stderr): ERROR: Cannot open control pipe - NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER
    Failed to install winexesvc
    /
    Repair Connectivity
    To make automated deployment possible please try to check network communications between Management and target nodes. Ensure that WMI is not blocked on a target node. Or copy, paste and invoke the following script on a target node.

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="WinRM in" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=5985 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="POA in" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=8352 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="POA in 2" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=8354 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 5985 WinRM enable SUBNET
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 8352 POA enable SUBNET
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 8354 POA2 enable SUBNET
    sc config winrm start= auto
    sc start winrm
    %windir%\system32\timeout /t 5
    cmd /c winrm put winrm/config/service @{AllowUnencrypted = "true"}
    %windir%\system32\timeout /t 2
    cmd /c winrm put winrm/config/service/Auth @{Basic = "true"}
    cmd /c winrm create winrm/config/Listener?Address=*+Transport=http @{Port="5985"}

However, it does create several roles in windows firewall so PPA can connect and sucessfully created X number of rules.
    I too disabled IPTables on management node to see if this helped.

2. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

I found the cause

on 2012 R2 the command:

once it finishes.. it exits and did not run the remaining commands. So i run them all manually without the timeout bit and it then works.

you may want to remove the:

lines from the config.

3. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

I believe R2 is not yet supported. The release notes only mention 2012.

4. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

Very true... but I was told too by Parallels its 2012 R2 their supporting and not 2012... but the change log says otherwise

5. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Guys,

PPA supports both versions Windows 2012 and R2. But, the last one is not announced in MU#02 because deployment is not automated yet. Right now, it requires to enable and configure WinRM and have plans to provide full automation for R2 a little bit later. But again, R2 is supported and can create a hosting there.

Thanks!

6. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

Andrey

do you have a link to the guide to manually set it up?? or shall I put in a ticket?

7. Andrey Dobrenko

Chris,

Just run the above commands provided by PPA:

netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="WinRM in" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=5985 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="POA in" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=8352 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="POA in 2" protocol=TCP dir=in profile=any localport=8354 remoteip=any localip=any action=allow
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 5985 WinRM enable SUBNET
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 8352 POA enable SUBNET
    netsh firewall add portopening TCP 8354 POA2 enable SUBNET
    sc config winrm start= auto
    sc start winrm
    cmd /c winrm put winrm/config/service/Auth @{Basic = "true"}
    cmd /c winrm create winrm/config/Listener?Address=*+Transport=http @{Port="5985"}

Or it doesn't help you? If not, could you put here the output to figure out what exactly was wrong.

8. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

HI

that worked... but once the installer got going it straight away fails. I'll get the log and post it on here shortly.

9. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

10. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

any news on this?

p.s same results when adding a smartermail server that too uses Windows 2012 R2.

11. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi Chris,

Can you please run PPA utility /usr/local/ppa/bin/check_service_node --ip <ip_address>. The tool runs a number of checks to verify critical system parameters on SN, network connections between management node and service node, make other checks. Finally, the tool provides a detail report w/ a list of detected issues and recommendations how to fix. So, please run the utility and put the result here. According to log file, service node could not connect to management node by CORBA ports 8352/8354.

Thanks!

12. ramiss

ramiss Kilo Poster

Im curious how you guys got the following to work:

I get the following error when running any of the winrm commands:

WSManFault
    WSManFault
    Message = The system cannot find the file specified.

Error number: -2147024894 0x80070002
    The system cannot find the file specified.

13. ramiss

ramiss Kilo Poster

Ok, this is a better solution for now:

Use Group Policy (gpedit.msc)
    Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Remote Management > WinRM Service -> Allow unencypted traffix = Enabled