Top Frame Height

Discussion in 'Customization & Integration Showcase and Discussion' started by AaronMcH, May 4, 2016.

1. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

I'm making some customisations to OBAS and I want to change the height of the top frame in the frameset, however it seems the rows attribute is set dynamically on page load to "85,*" so regardless of what I set it to in the template file it is changed, how would I change this value?

Thanks
    Aaron

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

What layout do you want to customize - CP or PCC/RCC?

3. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi thanks for the reply, just the CP.

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

There is a template named /var/opt/hspc-root/skins/panel/template/HSPC/CP/Visual/top_frame.tmpl which contain call to the JS function "setTopFrameHeight", this is a place you should use to resize top frame height.
    Please do a proper customization and do not modify original template, to not miss changes after upgrade.

5. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi thanks for the info, we have actually made a custom skin for customisation.

6. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Just a follow-up but I'd like to suggest that the default template be changed to instead of this code:

setTopFrameHeight(document.getElementById("top-wrapper").offsetHeight);

It be changed to

setTopFrameHeight(document.getElementById("top-wrapper").outerHeight());

As outerHeight() takes account of margins, which in our case we were using, where as offsetHeight does not.

Thanks
    Aaron

7. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Seems it is valid in jQuery and for window object, not for all elements:

outerHeight.png

8. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Ah my mistake, I have reverted back to using heightOffset and setting a padding instead of margin.