tomcat application status incorrect

Discussion in 'Plesk 7.1 Reloaded Troubleshooting and Problems' started by moktc, Sep 15, 2004.

1. moktc

moktc Guest

I added a domain recently and suddenly my tomcat applications fail to show the actual status of the web application.

While the web application actually runs (eg www.criticalcrumbs.com/struts-example), the Plesk panel show an Exclamation mark alongside the tomcat application.

When I click on the restart icon, a message popup saying

Unable to start up Tomcat web application : Possible reasong tomcat service is not currently running on the server.

Can someone show where is the right places to look (eg where is the PSA log file located?)?

I viewed the error_log in /etc/httpd/logs and notice an unknown process trying to deploy another web application but says "Cannot deploy application clientview"

I am using Plesk 7.1.0 Reloaded on Fedora Core 1

Thank you in advance.

2. mali

mali Kilo Poster

I am also facing the same problem but unable to figure out
    what happen with Tomcat application Status.

Any help about this issue.

Have you contact with Plesk support.

3. mali

mali Kilo Poster

Any comment about this problem.

4. bartje3

bartje3 Mega Poster

Hello,

There are several Tomcat bugs fixed by the 7.1.2 and 7.1.3 update. I uninstalled all tomcat related packages, reinstalled it and placed the update from Plesk --- now the error message has gone.

regards

5. ashpihernyuk

ashpihernyuk Guest

Hello,

Please pay attention that plesk uses URL likes look:
    http://DOMAIN:9080/manager/list
    to get status of installed applications.

So if DOMAIN does not resolve you will get an exclamation mark.

Also Plesk had a problem that has been fixed in version 7.1.5: if you install and then uninstall and agin install application: the application did not start.