The uploaded license key cannot be used with your PPA installation

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by TCardinal, May 10, 2013.

1. TCardinal

TCardinal Bit Poster

Hi,

I have downloaded and installed PPA with 5 language packs. That followed I have purchuased a license for Plesk Panel 11 unlimited domains for linux with 0 language packs. Now I want to install the Plesk Panel 11 license as an additional license at PPA but get the following error message:

The uploaded license key 'PLSK.xxxxxxxx.0000' cannot be used with your PPA installation: The number of language packs '0' allowed by the key is lower than the one allowed by the PPA main license key '5'.

additional-licenses.gif

Has anyone a little tip for me what I can do to solve the problem?

Many thanks. Tim

Last edited: May 10, 2013
  2. IgorG

IgorG Guru

Obviously you need Plesk license with >= than 5 language packs allowed. Contact your Sales Representative regarding upgrade your current Plesk licenses.

3. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Just to make clear how language packs are licensed. You indicate the number of languages to be used in the main PPA license key. This option is free, and it only sets the number. But after that each service node license is required to have the number of enabled languages not less than the one set in the main key. This makes it equivalent in pricing to the situation when you'd install independent Plesk instances on each node.

4. TCardinal

TCardinal Bit Poster

Put in plain terms, that means that I have to download and reinstall PPA with 0 language packs, right? There is no possibility to downgrade PPA from 5 to 0 language pack licenses?

5. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Oh, no! This is just about the license key, not the installation itself. If you don't need additional LPs, just get another license without them.

6. TCardinal

TCardinal Bit Poster

Ahhh, just saw the possibility to downgrade the license at my shop account. Will test it ...