Testing resume and feature requests

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by sonics, Oct 12, 2012.

1. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

Hello

We have tested some of the function in PPA and the billing panel. first of all i want to say the preview 5 looks great at the operational part and the billing part. here are some points:

- Import Swiss Bank Files .mt940 format ( important for us because many customers pay offline )
    - custom fields customer needs to ad at the order process
    - german translation in the operational part help
    - sale products that are not inside ppa like external antispam service ect..
    - sale only dns hosting...possible and how?
    - only postfix is supported so which webmail solution beside horde?
    - icewarp as cluster mailserver would be prefered.

- when import data or migrate div. plesk servers linux and windows with merak ( icewarp ) mail hosting are mails coming with migration?
    - when migrate data and use integrated DNS when was made externaly....ev. dns migration with supermaster import all data and than write db entries...??

- powerdns plugin?

- SwF showing instead of CHF??

- How add MSSQL Service Node? What if IIS and MSSQL is on the same Server??

- When is the final version planed?

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, sonics,

Thanks for the comprehensive feedback.
    A few comments and questions.

1. Import of .mt940 files is a new request for us. We'll consider where it could be put into schedule.

2. Custom fields in the order process.
    Its possible to add custom fields attached either to customer (like Would you like to receive our newsletter question or Passport info field) or to plan (like Plesk license number for key features) but the workflow of adding them is a bit tricky. Open All Settings > Plan, Customer and Generic Properties and read the context help.

3. German translation in the operational part
    We are preparing locales for French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Japanese

4. Sale products that are not inside PPA like external antispam service ect..
    You should use non-hosting plans and non-hosting add-ons for that.

5. Sale only DNS hosting
    This scenario is planned. We will deliver it in one of the updates

6. Which webmail solution beside horde?
    Currently we install Horde and Atmail. Plesk allows installing own webmail systems and making them available for the customers. We are going to open this Plesk capability in PPA.

7. Icewarp as cluster mailserver would be preferred
    We are considering other mail system. The first on the list is SmarterMail - this year. Other will follow, but the dates are not set yet.

8. When import data or migrate div. plesk servers linux and windows with merak ( icewarp ) mail hosting are mails coming with migration?
    Yes, we provide mail migration while importing data from the existing Plesk nodes.

9. When migrate data and use integrated DNS when was made externally....ev. dns migration with supermaster import all data and than write db entries...??

Frankly, I didn't get the question. Please, explain the situation more precisely.
    In general, when importing DNS zones, we take them from Plesk database.

10. PowerDNS plugin
    Formally, Parallels Automation has PowerDNS as an option. We just never tested it in the PPA configuration. Need to check.

11. SwF showing instead of CHF
    We use standard PHP currency notation and formatting. We'll investigate the question.

12. How add MSSQL Service Node? What if IIS and MSSQL is on the same Server?
    We do not install MSSQL server ourselves. To register an installed MSSQL server, go to Infrastructure > Database Servers screen and click Add Database Server. You can install MSSQL on IIS node configured by us.

13. When is the final version planed?
    The product will be constantly improved, so there is no "final" planned.
    We will publish RTM distributive and provide upgrade from preview to RTM by the end of October. After that we'll keep delivering features in sequential updates, in particular the ones that you are asking about.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

3. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your answers. here our input:

1. Import of .mt940 files is a new request for us.
    We'll consider where it could be put into schedule.

--> we could provide here some samples. it also possible in switzerland to export the bank transfers to an excel. probably that would work to but someone need to make an import to PPA. we would also pay extra for that.

6. Which webmail solution beside horde?
    Currently we install Horde and Atmail. Plesk allows installing own webmail systems and making them available for the customers. We are going to open this Plesk capability in PPA.

--> @mail would also work with postfix so that would be ok.

7. Icewarp as cluster mailserver would be preferred
    We are considering other mail system. The first on the list is SmarterMail - this year. Other will follow, but the dates are not set yet.

--> We do not really care if it is SmarterMail, Icewarp or Mailenable but for us the Windows Mailservers are easier to manage.

9. When migrate data and use integrated DNS when was made externally....ev. dns migration with supermaster import all data and than write db entries...??

--> Right now we have several linux and windows plesk hosting servers but all DNS Zone from the tausends of domains are served and stored at an simplednsplus cluster. so at the plesk servers there are NO db entries for the domains at DNS. So we need to get somehow those DNS Zones from the simplednscluster towards PPA when it comes to the migration.

10. PowerDNS plugin
    Formally, Parallels Automation has PowerDNS as an option. We just never tested it in the PPA configuration. Need to check.

--> yes that would be great because we have for our dns host allready and powerdns cloud running.

We use standard PHP currency notation and formatting. We'll investigate the question.

--> probably i could change somewhere that from SwF to the standard CHF but i could'nt find it.
    --> you see the wrong format "SwF" instead of "CHF" at the advanced pricing but you can not change it.

12. How add MSSQL Service Node? What if IIS and MSSQL is on the same Server?
    We do not install MSSQL server ourselves. To register an installed MSSQL server, go to Infrastructure > Database Servers screen and click Add Database Server. You can install MSSQL on IIS node configured by us.

--> When trying to register an Database Server it only shows at the selection MySQL oder PostgreSQL but not MSSQL.

13. When is the final version planed?
    The product will be constantly improved, so there is no "final" planned.
    We will publish RTM distributive and provide upgrade from preview to RTM by the end of October. After that we'll keep delivering features in sequential updates, in particular the ones that you are asking about.

--> this question should be when is PPA ready to buy it.

One additional Question to that. What about the APS Packages were can i manage those?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  4. EugeneL

EugeneL Plesk Developers

--> probably i could change somewhere that from SwF to the standard CHF but i could'nt find it.
    --> you see the wrong format "SwF" instead of "CHF" at the advanced pricing but you can not change it.

In online store we print currency not with ISO code but in more common way - like $10.00 for US instead of USD 10.00
    I tried a number of combinations in online store settings - there are settings for country and for language.

For country = Switserland and language = German I got "SFr. 10.00" which looks pretty common I think.
    For country = Switserland and language = French I got "10.00 sFr."
    For country = Switserland and language = Italian I got "SFr. 10,00"
    These three langages look like the most popular ones in Switserland.

But for country = Switserland and language = English PHP function returns "SwF 10.00". Probably because English is not an official language in your country. Maybe "SwF" standing from "Swiss Franc" looks OK for english-speakers, maybe no.

5. EugeneL

EugeneL Plesk Developers

We'll consider where it could be put into schedule.
    --> we could provide here some samples. it also possible in switzerland to export the bank transfers to an excel. probably that would work to but someone need to make an import to PPA. we would also pay extra for that.

Could you please send me the example and describe the workflow:
    1. Customer selects to pay offline
    2. Customer pays, you receive this info from bank
    3. You need to upload the info into PPA/CBM so that invoice becomes paid
    Am I right?

6. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

Hello EugeneL

Thanks for the replay

What is your mail address so i could send you some examples of some bank exports we would do once a week or so?

Yes you are right with the workflow:

1. Customer selects to pay offline / Bank Transfer
    2. Customer get's Invoice via mail or it should be possible if the customer chooses invoice via postal mail to print them all one a week for those customer out via batch job or so...
    2. Than a Customer pays to our bank account, we receive this info from bank
    3. we need than to upload the info into PPA/CBM so that invoice becomes paid

That would be perfect if that would be possible. like i allready wrote we would also pay for that possibility because more than 80% from our customers right now want to have a printed out and send by postal invoice which they pay offline.

Also that is correct and showed right at the store and i guess because the panel now is only in english it is shown ins Swf which is ok for the english language. that would bring me to the next question. When is the panel ready for the german language at customers panel? probably we could help here to translate it?

7. EugeneL

EugeneL Plesk Developers

Hi,

I'd like to have an example of .mt940 and corresponsing excel files just to estimate the emount of work. Couyou send me such ones?
    One more question - do the transactions from bank contain invoice number or any ID because if you will import transactions to CBM you will need somehow find invoices to pay?

What do you mean by readiness in German? As far as I know, Plesk/CBM are already localized to German and 10 more languages, your customers need simply to choose German as the interface language.

8. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

Hello Eugene

yes i can send you some .mt940 and excel examples. please give me your mail address?
    yes, most people pay the invoices by adding the ivoice number to the transaction but not all.

the german language is working when only login to the billing part of ppa, but if you use the normal login at PPA than i guess the language is coming from the POA part and that's right now only english..

9. EugeneL

EugeneL Plesk Developers

Hello,

I sent you a private message with my e-mail.

About assigning transactions to invoices during the import - are you OK to do this manually during the import?

If transaction from bank doesn't contain any reference to customer/subscription or invoice to CBM then manual assignment will be the only option. And remembering the amount of transactions, import will be a pretty boring process.
    Is it OK?

10. DavidLB

DavidLB Kilo Poster

Hello,

Is there any prevision to release Spanish translation? Could i modify the English language files manually?

11. Andrew Andriatis

We'll be releasing Administration Panel Language Packs installation soon. You can change the language of hosting panel already. Just read "Getting to missing Plesk settings" in the "Quick Preview Mode" thread.

12. DavidLB

DavidLB Kilo Poster

Thanks Andrew,

We already have hosting panel in Spanish but we also need the admin panel for resellers

13. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

What about the DNS Hosting possibility?

If we want to setup a plan for just dns hosting withoug mail or webhosting it still gives an error after plan saving:

(Warning: This plan cannot be sold due to the following problems: The plan does not contain any services that can be provided by 'Administration Panel'.)

14. Andrew Andriatis

We know this problem and already filed necessary action items in our project tracking system. We are working on it.