Stop all PPA processes on service node

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by SteveITS, May 3, 2017.

1. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Virtuozzo 7 can't live migrate a PPA 11.5 service node because it can't correctly suspend, migrate, and resume 32 bit processes inside a 64 bit container OS. I don't suppose anyone knows which processes to temporarily stop to allow a live migration? I tried stopping service pem (pleskd) and I'm pretty sure I stopped plesk-agent, but there must be other 32 bit processes since that didn't work.

(Note: it sounded like 32 bit process compatibility was being worked on. This wasn't an issue in Virtuozzo 6.)

2. JustinSoul

JustinSoul Odin Team

You can try to use `/etc/init.d/ppa stop` and then `/etc/init.d/ppa start`

3. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Hi Roman, thanks, but there's no script /etc/init.d/ppa on our service nodes, nor can I find a script with "ppa" in the name.

4. JustinSoul

JustinSoul Odin Team

Hello Steve,

Sorry, i missed that you are talking about service node. This command is actual for PA Management node only (sorry, i missed that you are talking about service node).

PA-related service on service nodes are:

/etc/init.d/pem
    /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server
    /etc/init.d/plesk-agent

(and hosting services, depends on installed role)

also you can check `/usr/local/pem/bin/pleskd-watchdog` (it monitors `pem` service)

5. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Hi Roman, good news and bad news...

I don't have two of those services/files, either...I have:

/etc/init.d/pem
    /etc/init.d/sw-engine

sw-engine is stopped by default, apparently, at least it is not running on this node (PPA backup node). I stopped pem (which ended the /bin/sh pleskd-watchdog process) and was able to live migrate the container.

So I'm not sure why I couldn't get it to work before but it does live migrate now, as long as the pem service is stopped first. Perhaps there were additional changes in Virtuozzo 7.0.4 and/or Virtual Automator 7.2, which I just upgraded to this weekend.

Thanks!