Sitebuilder reseller integration

Discussion in 'Installation and "How-To" Questions' started by Wintermute, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Wintermute

Wintermute Mega Poster

Hi All..

Here goes..

I have a web hosting Plan that has a site builder plan associated with it.
    When a client goes to the store to buy the plan it works for the most part and they see the:

"Publish my trial Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder Site
    Enter Site Alias:"
    prompt during checkout.

Here is my problem..

I have a reseller that made a copy of this plan..but they don't get the prompt for sitebuilder...

the plan is identical...any ideas ?

thanks

Winter

2. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Sitebuilder wizard leads to online store where customer can buy hosting for sitebuilder site. A reseller should have own wizard which leads to his store. That is why he can't use provider's sitebuilder plan, so the plan will not be included in the copied hosting plan. (You may check this in RCC > Product Manager > Hosting Plans > your plan > "Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder" tab.)

To use sitebuilder, the reseller should create own sitebuilder plan on own node.
    Here is a short description how to configure plan for reseller:
    1. create reseller account on sitebuilder node (using sitebuilder admin panel);
    2. add sitebuilder node from PCC > Product Director -> Sitebuilder Manager for the reseller and using sitebuilder reseller login and password;
    3. create sitebuilder plan in RCC;
    4. assign this plan to the copied hosting plan.

3. Wintermute

Wintermute Mega Poster

Thanks for the quick reply :)

So if I have 5 resellers will each will need their own sitebuilder node (and license ?) :(

~Winter

4. Wintermute

Wintermute Mega Poster

From HSPC documentation....

"By default, Sitebuilder has only one administrator account with the user name root and the password sitebuilder. These login and password are used for initial logging in to the Sitebuilder Admin Panel.
    For security purposes, before registering a Sitebuilder node, we strongly recommend to log in to the Sitebuilder Admin Panel on this node and change the default administrator login/password.
    Parallels Business Automation - Standard allows granting access to a single Sitebuilder node both to a Provider account and a number of reseller accounts at the same time. In Provider Control Center a node registered for several accounts looks like a separate node assigned to a single reseller account. In Reseller Control Center such Sitebuilder node behaves like a dedicated node assigned to reseller. To grant access to a Sitebuilder node to a reseller account, log in to the Sitebuilder Admin Control Panel and create a reseller. Then get back to the Provider Control Center and register this Sitebuilder node as a new one but with URLs that use this reseller domains. At the same time, assign this Sitebuilder node to a corresponding reseller account registered in Parallels Business Automation - Standard.

To register a Sitebuilder Node, open the Service Director submenu and select the Sitebuilder Manager. Click Nodes on the Sitebuilder Manager submenu."

So I tried this but it shows a status of "Not unavailable"...
    I have tried using both the providers Admin login and Reseller admin login (for sitebuilder) under the general tab with the reseller being the owner but still no go..

~Winter

5. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

No, you need create 5 reseller accounts on 1 sitebuilder node.

Change log level to debug in Parallels Business Automation - Standard (former HSPcomplete) in PCC > Configuration Director > Miscellaneous settings > Error logs. And try to syncronize node one more time. Problem report should be genereted in case if synchronization is failed. It may be found in Action Log. Check the report. I believe there is should be some reasonable explanation for the error. Smth like "URL or login is invalid."

If it doesn't help, I recommend you to submit a ticket to Parallels Support Team. They will help you.

6. Wintermute

Wintermute Mega Poster

Thank you..

I should be using the resellers account login in the plesk node to register the node in HSP/PBA-Sitebuilder Manager - Nodes . Correct ?

I entered a different site Wizard URL than the providers..

for example the providers one goes to: sitebuilder.providername.com
    the reseller one goes to : sitebuilder.resellername.com

I created the neccessary entries in DNS (they both point to the same ip)
    but if i try to go to the

http://sitebuilder.resellername.com:80/Wizard

or

http://sitebuilder.resellername.com:80/ServiceFacade/

or even

http://sitebuilder.resellername.com/external_login.php?&ShowAdmin=1

I get page not found (404 error)

just going to http://sitebuilder.resellername.com takes me to the Plesk default page :(

Now in the Plesk container- under System- Server - Sitebuilder Support button
    there is a spot that reads :

"Sitebuilder server URL. Ensure the this address resolves properly in DNS"

The URL is grayed out and is the same URL that is being usd for the provider...

Also as per the sitebuilder instructions under HSP I did not add a HOST under HOSTS in the Sitebuilder- System- Hosts section (since it states it is controlled by HSP)

Excerpt Errors from log :

"[2008/02/26 17:53:57] [DEBUG] [26324] [HSPC::ErrorStack::set_last_error] [ErrorStack]: 11796492 The status data for the Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder Node cannot be collected.
    [2008/02/26 17:53:57] [WARN] [26324] [HSPC::SimpleActionLog::report_problem] Cannot collect the status data for Node #8. Error description: Transport fault
    404 Not Found

[2008/02/26 17:53:57] [ERROR] [26324] [HSPC::SimpleActionLog::report_problem] The status data for the Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder Node cannot be collected. "

~Winter

7. Wintermute

Wintermute Mega Poster

..update...

It works when both the provider and reseller URL are the same- with respective logins...
    the documentation eludes to separate ones being an option...

"...To grant access to a Sitebuilder node to a reseller account, log in to the Sitebuilder Admin Control Panel and create a reseller. Then get back to the Provider Control Center and register this Sitebuilder node as a new one but with URLs that use this reseller domains..."

anyone have any suggestions ?
    thanks in advance

~Winter

8. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Remote Admin URL should be the same for all users. Site Wizard URL is unique.