Shaman stat roles reversed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SteveITS, Apr 19, 2017.

1. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Shaman stat on our cluster that is partially migrated to Virtuozzo 7 is showing:

NODE_IP STATUS ROLES ...
    M 10.254.1.101 Active *,~VM:QEMU,~CT:VZ7 ...
    10.254.1.102 Active *,~VM:VZ6,~CT:VZ6 ...
    * 10.254.1.103 Active *,~VM:QEMU,~CT:VZ7 ...
    10.254.1.104 Active *,~VM:QEMU,~CT:VZ7 ...
    10.254.1.105 Active *,~VM:VZ6,~CT:VZ6 ...

The thing is, .101 and .103 are VZ6 nodes but they are showing VZ7?? .104 was upgraded to VZ7, and .102 and .105 were new installs of VZ7. .102 was a failed upgrade that I then removed the chunk server and installed new from the DVD/ISO. I am pretty sure I removed it from shaman also (shaman leave). I know I did that for .105 yet those two are showing as VZ6...

2. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Staff Member

Hello Steve,

That is not a bug, but rather unclear display. Style will change in Update 4, for now, please bear with this style :)

Take a closer look at the line:
    "*,~VM:QEMU,~CT:VZ7"

"*" means "any role"
    "~VM:QEMU" means "except VM:QEMU". "~" is "not" as in some programming languages.

That is necessary to allow iscsi and s3 failover between vz6 and vz7 hosts (since it can be moved back and forth technically). But we do agree the style was unclear, and it will change in Update 4 to a clearer one :)

3. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Ah. If it was "VM:~QEMU" I might have read it that way. :)

However why does the node upgraded from 6 to 7 show what it does:

10.254.1.104 Active *,~VM:QEMU,~CT:VZ7 ...

4. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Staff Member

It is most likely the reason for failed relocation.
    "Roles" can be changed manually in the config file:
    Code:
    /vstorage/cluster1/.shaman/md.$(cat /etc/vstorage/host_id)/config
    However, if you have rejoined the node into the cluster and it still shows "vz6" role for it, then something is wrong.
    Can you leave the cluster group, remove the files in .shaman/ related to this host (just to make sure there's no bogus leftovers) and join it back?
    I wonder if node joins as "vz6".

P.S. You might need to re-enable "ha_enable" for VEs afterwards.

5. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Since it didn't make the /vz/vmprivate symlink and the shaman roles seem odd I am thinking of removing it and reinstalling from scratch, in case there is something else weird. Right now it's our only in-cluster node we upgraded so all the others have the new partitioning scheme and so forth.