Setup and subscription fee for packages in new store

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feature Requests' started by dkolvakh, Jul 23, 2013.

1. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Do you meant everywhere? Or only for package fee?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  2. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

Hi,

I've just logged into your demo PCC and updated a couple of packages. If you check your demo shop at www.myhspc.com/shop you'll see the following happens:

- Shared Hosting -> "Plesk shared hosting (Linux)" - the setup fee is not shown anywhere in the plan listings. This gives the impression the plan only costs $15, but there is a $10 setup fee for this plan.

- on VPS Hosting -> Linux VM -> "1024 RAM; 30 GB Disk" configuration the $10 setup fee is included as part of the plan total, not listed separately. It gives the impression the plan costs $25 per month when in fact it costs $15 per month with a $10 setup fee.

Sean

3. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sean, I've moved this discussion to new thread.

Setup and subscription fee are shown combined in period selection control, as well as in shopping cart. The same behavior you can see for Control panels widget.
    This was made to make controls and cart more compact, especially when discounts are in action. As solution, we can add an option to display both setup and subscription fee in shopping cart for package and panels. Is this solution suitable?

4. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

It's not ideal, but as long as the main shopping display pricing does not have the setup fee included with the subscription fee I think it's a reasonable compromise to show the setup fee only in the shopping cart.

Sean

5. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sean,

Both package period selection control and shopping cart display sum of setup and subscription fee for selected period, I guarantee this.

6. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

That's the problem though - In the example I gave, the "1024 RAM; 30 GB Disk" package period select says "1 Month - $25", which to a new user browsing the shop says the package costs $25 per month. We know as the provider it's really $15 per month + $10 setup. To a customer browsing, this would make us look uncompetitive! We can't hope the user clicks on the package to add it to their basket and see the setup fee separately.

The package period selection either needs to exclude the setup fee (but show it in the basket), or show the setup fee separately in the period selection box.

eg:
    "1 Month - $15" (also shows $10 setup in basket)
    "1 Month - $15 + $10 Setup"

Sean

7. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sean, I've filled issue, internal id PBAS-28858. We will try to include it in one of upcoming updates.

8. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

Thanks, much appreciated :)

9. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sean,

Just to make sure that we are on the same point.

Here is an example with setup fee included into item price in the shopping cart, as it was before:

Setup_fee_included.png

And this is a new behavior, with combined setup fee listed as separate item:

Setup_fee_excluded.png

To switch between two cart views only one parameter should be adjusted, and by default combined setup fee will be listed as separate item in the shopping cart.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  10. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

Hi Denis,

I understand - I can see the changes being made to the shopping cart. The part I'm referring to however, is the actual plan length drop-down:

Capture.JPG

Whilst the shopping cart part of the change will help, it's the drop-down boxes that I think will cause most confusion to browsing customers. As a temporary measure I think I'll have to either charge a £0 setup fee or make a custom template to hide the price from the drop-down box entirely.

Regards,
    Sean

11. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Sean, in the second screenshot I've attached, drop-down contains only subscription fee, as well as control panel dropdown. Just compare screenshots once more, I've mark changes.

And you are right, there is a problem with drop-down control length to display both setup and subscription fee especially when promotions involved.

Indeed, you can customize anything you want, just be aware about merging customization within new template versions.

So, in 4.3.4 we'll add setting I've mentioned above with behavior I've described.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  12. scardus01

scardus01 Kilo Poster

Ah yes, sorry - That's great, exactly what we're after. Thank you! :)

Sean