Quick Preview Mode

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by rrolfe, Oct 24, 2012.

1. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

is there a way to set quick preview mode in PPA? Again this is a setting available in Plesk but not in the UI for PPA.

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Getting to missing Plesk settings

Hi, everybody,

We recognize that we have not yet provided access to all settings that are available in Plesk. While we are closing the gaps, here is a workaround, which will allow you to reach the required settings.

1. In the administration panel create a brand for the provider.
    2. From the Brands list open the hosting panel for the provider's brand.
    3. Since you've come to the panel as Plesk admin, and for the admin's site, you will see it in the Power User mode with the Server tab. Open the Server tab and enjoy the full list of Plesk settings.

USE IT WITH CAUTION! NOT ALL SETTINGS ARE APPLICABLE TO PPA ENVIRONMENT!!!
    In particular, don't play with the Interface Management. It will be very hard to revert back.

While doing this, please, submit me the info what exactly you needed and didn't find on the PPA admin panel.

Good luck,
    Andrey Andriatis

3. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

Maybe I am missing this, but it says you can't create a brand for the admin provider. You can only create brands for a reseller. Is it possible to do this without the brand for the admin?

4. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

Scratch that.. I just read point #3.

As far as I can tell there is no way to get to the power user mode for the admin user. At least I can't find a link to it. The only way I saw to get to a power user mode for the admin was to login as a customer and then go back to the PPA panel and click around for a bit. After a while the other screen would change from the user's login back to the admins in the power user mode.

Then.. there was no servers tab.

5. Andrew Andriatis

Probably you are looking at the August intallation. A new installation is already available. I will let you know tomorrow about the status of the upgrade script from August to the latest.

6. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

Yes.. an upgrade to the latest version would be great!

7. Andrew Andriatis

The update script is expected somewhere in the middle of the next week.

8. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

Any chance that update script is going to come out sometime soon?

9. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Hi Guys,

We have plans to release updates for PPA 11.0 and upgrade tool to perform upgrading from Beta2 to RTM in the end of this week (Nov 09). I'll create separate topic for that. Please wait a little bit. Thanks!

Best Regards,
    Andrey