pvaagent fails to stop or start

Discussion in 'Installation, Update and Configuration' started by Cosmin_Martin, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Cosmin_Martin

Cosmin_Martin Kilo Poster

Hello,

I am struggling with an issue related to pvaagent. For a while I could not access hardware node details in pva management web interface, it just hang there. Today I tried a pvaagent restart but it just hangs:
    # pvaagent restart
    Shutting pvaagentd:
    Now, if I check its status, it says:
    # pvaagent status
    pvaagentd dead but pid file exists
    I tried manually 'killing' the pvaagent processes but somehow I cannot kill some of them relating to //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf.
    If I try starting pvaagent it says:
    # pvaagent start
    Starting pvaagentd: pvaagentd already run [ OK ]
    In the meantime I tried a pva-setup --install inside the pva container (pva is running in a container on the same server that holds the hardware node). The upgrade went without errors, but still no change in pva web management interface, my hardware node is still showing as offline, as well as all the containers running on it.
    Is there a way to somehow force the pvaagent restart correctly?

Really appreciate any help!
    Thank you,
    Cosmin M.

2. IP^__^

IP^__^ Odin Team

Hello,

1) Unfortunately, from your post the it is unclear how you've installed PVA MN and Agent, so please ensure that:
    PVA Agent is installed on the Node directly, not in the container.
    PVA MN is installed in the container.

2) > I tried manually 'killing' the pvaagent processes but somehow I cannot kill some of them relating to //opt/pva/agent/bin/pva.conf.
    Could you please give us more details? It is unclear which processes are running ("ps aux | grep pva" output will be enough) and which signal have you sent to them (SIGTERM, SIGKILL)?

3) Please check suggestions in this thread as well and please answer the questions here - it will help to understand the situation.

3. Cosmin_Martin

Cosmin_Martin Kilo Poster

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. The issue was just fixed today by Parallels support. pvaagent was unistalled and installed again, now everything seems ok.

BR.