PVA Ip Pool allocate via XML API

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Ed_Greenberg, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Ed_Greenberg

Ed_Greenberg Kilo Poster

I have an installation of PVA with four ip pools. Reviewing the XML API documentation, I see that I can allocate and release IP addresses. I need this because I was told on this forum to create my containers on the node, not on PVA. So I need an IP address.

I can't see where in the suggested XML that I can specify which of the IP pools to choose from. I have four data centers, and I have a pool for each one of them.

What might I be missing?

Thanks

2. Ed_Greenberg

Ed_Greenberg Kilo Poster

3. Ed_Greenberg

Ed_Greenberg Kilo Poster

I am really hoping that somebody knows the answer to this. Igor, perhaps?

4. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Odin Team

Hello Ed,

I did recommend to use nodes directly simply because that is documented and a more straightforward way. However, when you're creating CT directly you cannot possibly use references to IP Pools since that is a PVA MN's entity. At this point I honestly do not know what to recommend to you.

I'll try to find out something about the schemas. Will keep you posted.

5. Ed_Greenberg

Ed_Greenberg Kilo Poster

Hi Again. I've been able to allocate an ip address, but the XML wants a Network Device ID:

<packet xmlns:ns2="http://www.swsoft.com/webservices/vzl/4.0.0/resourcem" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" version="4.0.0">
    <target>ip_poolm</target>
    <data>
    <ip_poolm>
    <allocate_ip>
    <id>$pool_id</id>
    <net_device_id>$eid</net_device_id>
    <count>1</count>
    </allocate_ip>
    </ip_poolm>
    </data>
    </packet>

I've done a get_info on the container, and I cannot find anything that is a guid or other id of the network interface. Do I just use the EID of the server?

When I tried that, I got an address, but the address showed up in PVA without the server name. Just a graphic of a gear, where the node and container belonged.

Please help.