PVA AND PMC can't recognize the ip address of container

Discussion in 'Installation, Configuration and Upgrade' started by ITTECH, Jan 25, 2017.

1. ITTECH

ITTECH Kilo Poster

Hello,
    Please help me with this error,
    I have assigned an ip adddress to my container but PVA neither PMC can't see this IP or the OS template installed inside container which cause the offline management to faildown.
    when typing in command line vzlist -a ican see all my containers with the IPs assigned but in PVA or in PMC can't see this IP.
    the pictures below clarify the problem

what could the problem be?

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Staff Member

It depends on how exactly IP address was assigned.
    PVA and PMC get IP address from the configuration file.
    For a running container vzlist will retrieve IP from inside of a container.

If IP is assigned from within the container - it's expected behavior.

3. Pavel

Note, PMC has reached EOL long time ago and is not compatible with latest products.

4. ITTECH

ITTECH Kilo Poster

thanks for replaying, So how can I let PVA and PMC read the configuration file and show me the assigned ip address

5. Pavel

PMC and PVA _will_ read configuration file.
    Question is - how IP address is configured in your case. Is it configured from inside of a CT?

6. ITTECH

ITTECH Kilo Poster

I have assigned ip address from within obas, but when i found the issue above i tried to set the ipaddress using vzctl set command and from inside the container but nothing changed and still can't read ip address but please not that i can log in to my container using remote desktop but offline management isn't working

7. Pavel

Setting IP via OBAS and vzctl/pva is pretty much the same - it should be listed in VA interface.
    I can only suggest you to check whether you're using latest VA MN and VA agent - there might be problems if VA agent has newer version than VA MN.

If versions are OK - I'd recommend you to contact technical support. This isn't some known issue, thus I am unable to give a solution right away - it requires investigation which will be difficult to perform in a Forum conversation.