PTR records not being created

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by SteveITS, May 15, 2015.

1. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

I've posted previously that I thought (re)applying the DNS template erases PTR records. Currently however I have noticed that new records are not being created. Only some of our service nodes are listed. Shouldn't PPA at least be creating PTR records for every assigned IPv4 and IPv6 address in the reverse zones I've created? What would cause it to not do that? There are PTR entries in our DNS Template for both zones, for "<ipv6.web> / 64" and "<ip.web> / 24".

(For anyone wondering while I'm still posting here instead of talking to support, after several months I finally got Parallels sales to allow us to sign a partner contract last Thursday and the company is still reviewing it. It's incredible to me how much they don't want new partners, or new money...)

2. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

"...internal issue with id #PPA-2584 - PA does not create PTR records for domains in case of webspace has Web and Mail hosting resources; the fix is considered to be included in one of the next PA updates."