pstorage-iscsi

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by podman99, May 19, 2014.

1. podman99

podman99 Kilo Poster

Hi

Having an issue with pstorage-iscsi when trying to create a new LUN (which works) I tell the lun to start with the following command
    Code:
    # pstorage-iscsi start -t  iqn.2014-05.com.pstorage:exchange01
    Can't find executable /usr/sbin/arpsend
    Unable start target iqn.2014-05.com.pstorage:exchange01

and as you can see, moans.

This is on a cloudstorage MDS/CSD server, this does not have client role installed.

Now, obviously the above is a problem. However what I am trying to do is mount the pstorage on a windows physical server. Is there a better way of doing this, and the storage purpose will be a MS Exchange 2013 database. Hence using the iscsi method.

Is it better to expose the windows server to a container running iscsi (with large disk allocation), or can I do this from the Storage node?

2. akirov

akirov Bit Poster

Hi Keith,

To exporting PStorage space via iSCSI you have to run client service. Let's follow steps in "Preparing to Work with Parallels Cloud Storage iSCSI Targets" article of PStorage documentation: http://download.parallels.com/doc/pcs/pdf/Parallels_Cloud_Storage_Administrators_Guide.pdf (BTW, make sure that you are using PCS-Update6)
    1. yum install pstorage-iscsi pstorage-scsi-target-utils
    2. Make sure that the node is a pstorage client. See more inforation in "Setting Up Clients" article. In your deployment the node haver to run not only CS/MDS but also a client role.
    3. When the node have a running client service it have access to cluster files in PStorage mountpoint. In the example, pstorage is mointed to /pstorage/pcs1. BTW, you can find mountpoint by "mount" Linux utility.
    4. Now you need to create directory for iscsi on pstorage filesystem: mkdir /pstorage/pcs1/ . And fill this directory in config: /etc/pstorage/iscsi/config.

Is it solve your problem?

You don't need create CT with iSCSI, because PStorage already have HA iSCSI targets.

--
    Alexander