PPA Hosting Plan + SSL Certificate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AaronMcH, May 27, 2014.

1. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi, we would like to offer SSL Certificates to our customers as a feature of some of our PPA Hosting Plans.

Essentially we want an easy way to "give away" certificates with some of our hosting plans, however I can't seem to find an easy way to do this. Any ideas? Anything would be helpful, we do not have a specific way that we want to do this, just if there is anything that might make it automated.

Thank you,
    Aaron

2. FedorK

FedorK Mega Poster

Unfortunately PBAS has no upsell functionality in Store now. We plan implement it in future versions.

3. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I do have some suggestions around how aspects of SSL could be improved in PBAS, however I will save that for another thread.

I have come up with a work around, when the subscription has been created for a specific hosting plan, I would like to run a script that through the Backend API orders and setups up a SSL Certificate without any customer interaction. If anyone could help with this, that would be great.

Thank you
    Aaron

4. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

HI again,

I have been looking at the different events that are triggered in PBAS, as a test I had the system send the customer an email when the Subscription Created even is triggered, however when an invoice processed and a subscription is setup, I don't receive the email. Should I use a different even, or is there something else going on here?

Thank you
    Aaron

5. FedorK

FedorK Mega Poster

Hello,

Subscription Created event should work. Please contact Parallels support, it investigate why this event is not trigered on your installation.

6. AaronMcH

AaronMcH Mega Poster

Hi thanks for the reply,

Turns out that the even was being triggered, the problem was that the emails were being sent to me but were going to my spam folder and I didn't realise until just recently.