PPA 11.5 Released

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Andrew Andriatis, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

Hi Richard Maynard,

>2013-12-30 17:53:01,193 [ERROR]: Failed to download file: http://autoinstall.plesk.com//PPA_11...ntOS-5-x86_64: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
    >2013-12-30 17:53:01,193 [ERROR]: See update log file /usr/local/ppa/log/ppaupdate.log for details.

Thank you for reporting! The bug is already fixed in PPA upgrader and this one will be released next week.

2. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

When I try to install, comes this error Skærmbillede 2014-01-13 kl. 22.25.23.png

I can not really read me whether I shall have Plesk panel installed before I can install ppa

3. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi XenosI,

Can you please give us ssh access on your server (please email me at adobrenko[at]parallels.com)? Need to check a few questions, just put the following output of the commands:

1) #yum repolist
    2) #rpm -qa | grep python
    3) #python -V

Thank for assistance!

4. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Hello

my server host does not support PPA, is there anyone in here who can suggest another server host, located in europe

5. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Hello

my server host does not support PPA, is there anyone in here who can suggest another server host, located in europe

6. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi XenosI,

Just to clarify, actually, PPA doesn't support pear-to-pear network configuration.

7. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Hi Andrey Dobrenko

This is what I know and where I have my server now supports nothing but peer-to-peer and therefore I ask another hosting solution. Do you have any suggestions?

8. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Now I have found a host and installed. I would like to know your opinion compared to the configuration of server connections. I can see that you can run with private ip address and public ip address. What I'm my set up to be as follows.

Server1 = mangement node
    Server2 = Apache node
    Server3 = Mysql node
    Server4 = Mail server node
    Server5 = backup

Should I use private IP addresses or will this not matter?

9. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

End install gets this error:
    Skærmbillede 2014-01-15 kl. 22.23.22.png [INFO]: Restarting service: sw-cp-server...
    [ERROR]: Failed to execute command: ['/sbin/service', 'sw-cp-server', 'restart']

Skærmbillede 2014-01-15 kl. 22.23.22.png

10. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi, XenosI,

It's known issue which will be fixed in upcoming update #02. Please enable IPV6 support in the kernel on the container and re-run installation again. PPA installer mistakenly detected that IPV6 feature is enabled and try to bind to [::1]:8880 and it's failed naturally. From secure standpoint, we recommend to use private IP address for internal communication between management node and its service nodes. But it's a recommendation, not requirement. Public IP address is also can be used for communication.

11. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

New error

[INFO]: Checking host IP addresses configuration...
    [INFO]: Detected IPs: ['188.13.12.18', '172.12.71.5']
    [INFO]: Selected Main IP: 188.13.12.18
    [INFO]: Selected Communication IP: 172.12.71.5
    [INFO]: Checking hostname...
    [INFO]: Detected hostname: loft4430.serverloft.eu
    [INFO]: Detected hostname IP: 188.13.12.18
    [ERROR]: The hostname 'loft4430.serverloft.eu' points to wrong IP '188.13.12.18'. It should point to IP address that you specified during installation: 172.12.71.5
    [ERROR]: See installation log file /tmp/ppa_installer.log for details.

12. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi XenosI,

It's not error. Pre-check has been failed. PPA requirements are not meet because of installation script detected wrong network configuration on your server. System hostname points to 188.13.12.18. It should be 172.12.71.5. Just edit file /etc/hosts/ and run installation again.

13. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Why?

[INFO]: Restarting service: sw-cp-server...
    [ERROR]: Failed to execute command: ['/sbin/service', 'sw-cp-server', 'restart']
    [ERROR]: See installation log file /tmp/ppa_installer.log for details.

14. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

I do not see how I created nodes, for example, Web server? When I log in via ip: 8443 so it looks like an ordinary Plesk, so how accesses I Plesk automation management

15. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Have you try to restart the panel: /etc/init.d/ppa restart ?

16. Andrey Dobrenko

Hi, XenosI,

Please don't mix two issues in one.

1) Initially, you reported problem about restart sw-cp-server. I already explained that's known issue which will be fixed in mu#02 and workaround is to enable IPV6 support in Linux kernel. If sw-cp-server still fails, then, IPV6 is not enabled. If you cannot resolve the problem yourself, please contact to support.

2) The second, "[ERROR]: The hostname 'loft4430.serverloft.eu' points to wrong IP '188.13.12.18'. It should point to IP address that you specified during installation: 172.12.71.5" is about wrong network configuration. Installer given two IP addresses (communication/public) but system hostname points to wrong IP address. This pre-check has been failed because detected wrong network configuration. That's not a bug in PPA installer.

Finally, in your case, PPA count not be installed successfully and that's why you didn't see PPA screens for management.

Thanks!

17. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Hi I have installed Plesk automation on my server and can login. I just need to have clarity about the licenses. I purchased a Plesk managment node license. Should I still buy a normal Plesk Panel license also?

18. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Parallels Plesk Automation has two types of licenses.
    A. Licensing per node. You should by the main PPA key. Then you buy a Plesk Unlimited Dedicated key for each web and mail node.
    B. Licensing per the total count on websites provisioned. In this case you buy just one license. Just don't mix the websites with domains. A "website" is any entity configured on the Websites tab and shown in the global Websites list.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis
    Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager

19. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

1. We have enabled ipv6 but sw-cp-server will still not start....

2. After the installation finished, we get the following message:
    To complete the system configuration process, please proceed to URL:
    2014-01-21 07:47:32,033 [LOGTEE]: https://master.xenos-it.com:8443/ or
    2014-01-21 07:47:32,033 [LOGTEE]: https://172.18.73.10:8443/
    But this is the private IP, so how can we enter it from the outside?

3. After we login to Plesk, then we only get access to Hosting Panel, how do we get access to "Plesk Automation Management Node Admin"?

20. XenosI

XenosI Kilo Poster

Running this commend from the management node /usr/local/ppa/bin/check_service_node --ip <IP_ADDRESS> gives m[23 Feb 2014 05:27:06 UTC][INFO] Checking whether communication between the registered service node and management node is possible through the 8352 and 8354 ports...
    [23 Feb 2014 05:27:06 UTC][ERROR] Unable to establish the communication. Please ensure that the 'pem' service is up and running, and check that required ports (http://kb. parallels. com/en/ 115202) are opened.

[23 Feb 2014 05:27:06 UTC][CRITICAL] This node FAILED to meet some of the PPA requirements. Please correct all the errors and run the tool again
    [23 Feb 2014 05:27:06 UTC][ERROR] The following errors were detected:
    [23 Feb 2014 05:27:06 UTC][ERROR] - Unable to establish the communication. Please ensure that the 'pem' service is up and running, and check that required ports (http://kb. parallels. com/en/ 115202) are opened.

Trying to start the service on the node with this commend: service pem restart

Gets this error: Starting pleskd: Seems like /usr/local/pem/sbin/pleskd is n[FAILED]table, exiting.