phpMyAdmin 2.2.0

Discussion in 'PSA 2.0 Troubleshooting and Questions' started by jmuzic1, Aug 31, 2001.

1. jmuzic1

jmuzic1 Guest

Can anyone post the config.inc.php3 file in the phpMyAdmin folder, I was upgrading to 2.2.0 and lost it. Or just post the 3 variables it uses for username, password, and database. Mine is located at /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php3 which is on FreeBSD if that helps you locate it any...otherwise type: locate config.inc.php3 in the shell. If anyone could help me out with this, i'd be eternally grateful :)

2. Mirco@

Mirco@ Mega Poster

$cfgServers[1]['user'] = "$db_user";
    $cfgServers[1]['password'] = "$db_pass";
    $cfgServers[1]['only_db'] = "$db_name";

3. Alex

Alex Guest

can man update so simply without problems on the new version?

4. jmuzic1

jmuzic1 Guest

Yep, it worked for me, just make sure you use double quotes not single quotes in the config area where you declare one variable as another. The upgrade worked fine for me.

5. Alex

Alex Guest

my error is:

Error
    MySQL announces:
    1 is not a MySQL link index

my config.inc.php3 is:

$cfgServers[1]['host'] = 'localhost'; // MySQL hostname
    $cfgServers[1]['port'] = ''; // MySQL port - leave blank for default port
    $cfgServers[1]['socket'] = ''; // Path to the socket - leave blank for default socket
    $cfgServers[1]['connect_type'] = 'tcp'; // How to connect to MySQL server ('tcp' or 'socket')
    $cfgServers[1]['adv_auth'] = FALSE; // Use advanced authentication?
    $cfgServers[1]['stduser'] = ''; // MySQL standard user (only needed with advanced auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['stdpass'] = ''; // MySQL standard password (only needed with advanced auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['user'] = '$db_user'; // MySQL user (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['password'] = '$db_pass'; // MySQL password (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['only_db'] = '$db_name'; // If set to a db-name, only this db is accessible
    // It may also be an array of db-names
    $cfgServers[1]['verbose'] = ''; // Verbose name for this host - leave blank to show the hostname
    $cfgServers[1]['bookmarkdb'] = ''; // Bookmark db - leave blank for no bookmark support
    $cfgServers[1]['bookmarktable'] = ''; // Bookmark table - leave blank for no bookmark support

is that correct everything?
    what is the error?
    ask assistance thank you

6. jmuzic1

jmuzic1 Guest

You must use double quotes where you set one variable as another...

This:
    $cfgServers[1]['user'] = '$db_user'; // MySQL user (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['password'] = '$db_pass'; // MySQL password (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['only_db'] = '$db_name'; // If set to a db-name, only this db is accessible

Should be this:
    $cfgServers[1]['user'] = "$db_user"; // MySQL user (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['password'] = "$db_pass"; // MySQL password (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['only_db'] = "$db_name"; // If set to a db-name, only this db is accessible

7. Alex

Alex Guest

thank you now super goes :) :)

8. Linulex

Linulex Product Expert

Can somebody tell me where i can download this upgrade to 2.2.0?

Because the official phpMyAdmin site still names 2.1.0 as the latest official version released.

9. Alex

Alex Guest

10. hs-server

hs-server Guest

Hi all,

How do I move a new phpmyadmin to /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin ?

I need the commands on freebsd to move or copy it over the old one..

11. AcuNett

AcuNett Guest

How exactly do I upgrade to 2.2.0? This is PLESK v2.0 Standard btw.

12. DigitalXWeb

DigitalXWeb Guest

After you have changed the config file as posted above. I would rename the current phpMyAdmin to phpMyAdmin2 then copy the newer version to the correct directory.

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases
    mv ./phpMyAdmin ./phpMyAdmin2
    cd /usr/local/src
    mv ./phpMyAdmin /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

The above commands will rename you current phpMyAdmin to phpMyAdmin2 just in case of an error you have a backup, the second part will copy the new version of phpMyAdmin to the correct Plesk directory. NOTE: the /usr/local/src may not be correct depending on where you untarred the new version of phpMyAdmin, and these steps are for the Standard Install.

13. DigitalXWeb

DigitalXWeb Guest

Download the newest version of phpMyAdmin.
    cd /usr/local/src

wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin-2.2.3-php3.tar.gz

tar xvfz phpMyAdmin*

cd phpMyAdmin

edit the following lines in the config file using your favorite text editor.

$cfgServers[1]['user'] = "$db_user"; // MySQL user (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['password'] = "$db_pass"; // MySQL password (only needed with basic auth)
    $cfgServers[1]['only_db'] = "$db_name"; // If set to a db-name, only this db is accessible

then follow the remaining instructions in my post above this one.

14. AcuNett

AcuNett Guest

Is the db_usr: admin?
    and the db_pass the password I use for admin in PLESK CP?

Is db_name PSA?

15. DigitalXWeb

DigitalXWeb Guest

Enter those lines exactly like they are above. This will pull the correct info from the database depending on what user logs in. The $db_user, $db-pass, and $db_name are variables used by Plesk for authentication and MySQL database names.

16. AcuNett

AcuNett Guest

btw

cd /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases
    mv ./phpMyAdmin ./phpMyAdmin2
    cd /usr/local/src
    mv ./phpMyAdmin /usr/local/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

I think the fourght line should be

mv ./phpMyAdmin /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin

;)

17. Ronny

Ronny Guru

What do you think about upgrading to 2.2.5?

18. Linulex

Linulex Product Expert

2.2.5 is still a rc (release candidate). I would not upgrate to that on life servers.
    I did upgrade to 2.2.3 some time ago.

Jan

19. Ronny

Ronny Guru

20. Linulex

Linulex Product Expert

I tried to upgade to it yesterday but it kept saying i needed to enter the url path where it is installed.

This path is not always the same so i think i am not going to install it and stick with 2.2.3

Jan