PHP RPM's

Discussion in 'PSA 5.0 Installation' started by shorty, Oct 13, 2002.

1. shorty

shorty Guest

I notice since version 5.0.3 that the PHP rpm's and 'other' have gone from the Plesk download page.

This isn't a big problem but just wondered if any rpm version of PHP 4.1.2 > will work with Horde or does it need the Horde PHP rpm's?

It was good having the old 'others' rpm's as a bundle maybe Plesk could put these in an 'unsupported' ftp download site or similar?

2. jimroe

jimroe Guru

Cautiously optimistic

I noticed this also; my "production" server has the horde RPMs (cited and now missing for 5.0.3) installed, and so did my test server which is actually still at 5.0.2.

EDITED:

I did some work on both my test server and my production server, and have them both running successfully off the Red Hat PHP RPMs. I did have to edit the php.ini file to get Webmail running again as discussed in this thread:

http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5504&highlight=webmail

Specifically, the part to set file_uploads = On and short_open_tag = On - after installing the Red Hat RPMs they were both off. Once done, everything runs fine.

3. supercool

supercool Guest

The compilation of IMP in PSA 5.0.2 required the the PHP horde rpms in order for webmail to work correctly. From what I understand this has been fixed in PSA 5.0.3 and you should be able to install the latest PHP (non-horde) rpms. Still, I don't think that it would hurt to have the php horde rpms.

:)