PCS6 + Ploop + Confixx

Discussion in 'Containers and Virtual Machines Discussion' started by futureweb, Jul 5, 2016.

1. futureweb

futureweb Tera Poster

Hey there,

I know - Confixx is EOL for a long time now - but (unfortunately) we still have some old legacy CTs with Confixx running.
    Today a Customer tried to modify Mail Quota and the Setting didn't work.

Code:
    CT-343-bash-4.1# /root/confixx/confixx_counterscript.pl -ft debug
    SUB: main::changeQuota
    SUB: main::changeUserQuota
    SUB: Modules::ConfixxLog::soft_error
    SUB: Modules::ConfixxLog::addEvent (#1096: Unable to set quota for "/var/www")
    SUB: main::changeMailQuota
    SUB: Modules::ConfixxLog::soft_error
    SUB: Modules::ConfixxLog::addEvent (#1249: Unable to set quota for "/var/maildata")

So it seems confixx_counterscript got some issues with new FS/PLOOP I guess?!
    quotaugidlimit is activated for this CT (https://kb.plesk.com/en/120752)
    and modifying Quota with Webmin / CLI is no problem - only Confixx Script won't work.

Any ideas on this? Some checks the Confixx Script does and failes on new FS? Unfortunately the confixx_counterscript.pl is encrypted - so I can't find out the problem - and don't know where to start! :-/

Thx
    Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

2. futureweb

futureweb Tera Poster

Could it be that confixx_counterscript is not recognizing jquota? (https://kb.plesk.com/en/119936)
    If this is the case - would it be safe to disable "vzctl set 343 --jquota off" for this CT? don't know how quota / jquota / ploop are playing together with PCS 6 ... :-/
    Thx

3. futureweb

futureweb Tera Poster

Best Answer
    alright - my guess with jquota (journaled quota) was right it seems!

Code:
    CT-343-bash-4.1# cat /proc/mounts
    /dev/ploop24462p1 / ext4 rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,balloon_ino=12,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group 0 0

----------

[root@bl13 vz-scripts]# vzctl set 343 --jquota=off --save
    Unable to change quota mode for the running Container
    WARNING: Some of the parameters could not be applied to a running Container.
      Consider using the --setmode option.
    Saved parameters for Container 343
    [root@bl13 vz-scripts]# cat /etc/vz/conf/343.conf
    …
    JOURNALED_QUOTA="no"
    …
    [root@bl13 vz-scripts]# vzctl restart 343

----------

CT-343-bash-4.1# cat /proc/mounts
    /dev/ploop24462p1 / ext4 rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,balloon_ino=12,usrquota,grpquota 0 0

Code:
    CT-343-bash-4.1# /root/confixx/confixx_counterscript.pl -ft debug
    SUB: main::changeUserQuota
    SUB: main::changeMailQuota
    Set quota for POP3/IMAP user "web20p3" of user "web20" to "4097024KB".SUB: Modules::ConfixxLog::addEvent (mlf||scripts_done_quota_pop_set||web20p3||web20||4097024)

Guess I need to do this with all Confixx CTs? Any downsides with disabling jquota?

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  4. Pavel

Pavel A.I. Auto-Responder Odin Team

good job on figuring this out :)
    AFAIK jquota should be disabled for containers with old quota packages (I do not know exact version though) as they do not support jquota format and should work with old quota format.

I'm not aware of any downsides. You can either disable jquota, or try to update quota packages inside of the containers.