PBAS integration?

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ronan@, Mar 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronan@

Ronan@ Kilo Poster

Hi,

We currently use PBAS and Plesk expand. We want to get away from expand so we can upgrade our plesk servers beyond V9.5. I was wondering how this product will fit into PBAS?

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi,
    We are considering this issue and would like to have your opinion about combination of PBAS and PPA. A few questions here:
    a) Which side of PBAS is more important to preserve – billing or infrastructure management? POA has nodes and IP addresses management functionality. Would it be OK in integration of PPA with PBAS to abandon infrastructure management from PBAS side?
    b) Would you switch to POA VPS hosting instead of PBAS VPS hosting?
    c) Do you currently sell applications in service plans via PBAS?

Regards,
    Andrey

3. Ronan@

Ronan@ Kilo Poster

a) Billing / online store and customer management would be the most important functionality in PBAS. I don't see any disadvantage to using POA for infrastructure management as long we can continue to sell all services via PBAS store e.g SSL certificates and so on.

b) Currently we don't offer VPS but will in the future. Whether to use POA or PBAS depends on features available for the VPS hosting

c) No

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

4. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Thanks, Ronan,
    This sounds encouraging. We will prepare an integration scenario for PBAS and share it with you. There are several unclear items at the moment, which we have to find a solution for. When they’ll be resolved, we’ll build a conceptual demo, and continue moving in this direction.

Regards,
    Andrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.