PBAS/HSPC not importing domain alias DNS information

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by jacko@, Feb 9, 2010.

1. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Hello,

Recently we migrated a number of domains in a client account from one Plesk server (8.x) to a new Plesk server running CentOS 5 and Plesk 9.3.

Perhaps this is a Plesk bug, however, on the old node PBAS use to import the domain alias DNS details and configure the DNS accordingly.

Once the domain and aliases have been moved to the new node PBAS lost all the DNS records for the aliased domains. Only way around this at the moment is to manually add the DNS records to PBAS.

Any ideas where the problem is?

Thanks,
    jacko

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

jacko@, please tell me, you use conflict resolver to tell PBAS about completed migration from one Plesk node to another?

3. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Hello Dennis,

Yes, conflict resolved the client in PBAS... Subscription now points to the correct node. Primary domains have syncronised with new IP details, but, not aliased domains.

Thanks,
    jacko

4. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Only work around for this at the moment is to manually add the DNS records for aliased domains.

5. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

still a problem I believe?

6. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

jacko, please submit ticket into Parallels RT, we will check the issue.

7. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

jacko

8. BenE

BenE Bit Poster

Another "feature" of PABS.

You have to upgrade the subscription to the number of domain aliases you need. The migration process is unable to add resources. Be it mail boxes , disk space or aliases.

This has been like this from 4 years or so.

I did think we were the only ones to have this ... what did annoy me was it took a support ticket to be told to manually upgrade!!!

Ben

9. jacko@

jacko@ Mega Poster

Ben, in our case the hosting subscription for the domain had "Maximum number of Domain Aliases (pd_numdomainalias) = Unlimited". So, this should not be the problem.

The problem still appears to be PBAS seeing the domain/domain alias on the Plesk node.

Plesk Domain Subscription 65512 NO WARNING: No DNS records were found at plesk node #145 for current domain. Perhaps domain is not used yet.

But, the domain is there.

jacko

10. Aleksey Kukin

Aleksey Kukin Bit Poster

Hello all!

Please go to the: Top > Account Director > Subscription Manager > Subscriptions >
    And find name of your main domain (Hosting type Plesk domain) in General Settings press Synchronize Plesk Domain

Then, please go to the plesk node where your main domain is.
    Top > Service Director > Plesk Manager > Nodes > NAMEOFTHENODE
    In General Settings press Synchronize domains and clients.

If still not workong maybe it is necessary Synchronize Plesk Domain again after Synchronize domains and clients.

I had a same problem, this solution has worked for me.