PBA is not up to date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pe2tr3, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Pe2tr3

Pe2tr3 Kilo Poster

Hello,

I use PBA for many yeas. Mostly I am satisfied but there are certain problems with it.
    PBA is not up to date with other Parallels programs like Plesk, virtuozzo and Parallels Bare Metal. I mean that after Plesk 10 was out PBA adopted after many months the same happens with new virtuozzo and now with Parallels Bare Metal.
    Parallels Bare Metal is now in version 5 and PBA has almost no support for it.
    What is the meaning of having an automation software if you can not sell new services and some times you have to wait almost a year or more?

Do you still work on PBAs or do you just develop it slowly in order to force to buy the much more expensive PBA ?

2. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

There was a problem with late support of other Parallels products. But we are trying to fix this.
    Check our releases for last year:
    - PVC 4.7 was supported by PBAS (4.1.4) shortly after release
    - PBAS 4.1.5 with Plesk 10.4 support was released in about a week after Plesk
    - PSBM 5 is supported since the date of release
    - PBAS 4.2 with Plesk 11 support will be released before Plesk RTM release
    So, now it's up-to-date with other products.

Yes, current version of PBAS has limited support of PSBM VMs. We are planning to improve the integration this year.

3. Pe2tr3

Pe2tr3 Kilo Poster

Ok I see that we agree that indeed there were problems but you are trying to be up to date.
    This is good news.

How can I now the timeline of the feature products support.
    We develop products (Hosting services) trying to be up to date but we do not now when PBA will support them (like Parallel Bare Metal) and it is very difficult for us to sell a new service keep records in an excell and when PBA fully support it will transfer the services.
    Now PBA supports PBM but I cannot manage any resource for the virtual machines. Users canot order or change their resources online. So it makes no sense to use it.

Sometimes there are serious bugs or lack of feature, how can I submit them and track the progress?

4. Pe2tr3

Pe2tr3 Kilo Poster

How can I now the timeline of the feature products support.

5. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

You may submit bugs to Parallels Support team directly from Provider Control Panel ( Support -> "New Ticket to Parallels Support").

From http://www.parallels.com/support/policy/:
    You may post feature requests in ""Suggestions and Feature Requests"" section on this forum.

Product roadmaps are available for partners on https://parallelsnetwork.com.