PayPal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by galaxy, Jan 31, 2012.

1. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

I currently use Authorize.net for a payment gateway, and use PBAS 3.3.8-39.
    They're now *again* raising their rates, both monthly and per-transaction.

I'm looking for a new credit card processor and was looking toward PayPal.
    But I just got off the phone with them and they will only allow me to use their "standard" interface, where I redirect to their page and click on their buttons.

Customers just won't go for having to click every month for recurring billing. PayPal won't sell me their "Website Payments Pro" service because its against their policy to sell it to ISP's and Hosting companies. But I see there's 3 plug-ins there for PayPal.

What do others out there use for PayPal? Is there a way to make a seamless transition to PayPal that customers won't see or care about? (meaning they just continue to get recurring billing on their current credit cards).

How can the other PayPal methods be used? And can they be transparent?

If not, what do other users in the U.S. use that has reasonable rates?

2. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Take a look at following two plug-ins are supported in PBAS:
    1. "PayPal Direct" plug-in. This is an regular direct payment plug-in. And you can switch seamless to it from any other direct plug-in (assuming that PayPal will give you an account).

2. "PayPal Adaptive" plug-in (added in PBAS 4.1). This is a redirect plug-in with automatic recurring billing support.
    Shortly it works following way:
    - on first purchase a customer is redirected to PayPal website where he pays for the order and may accept an agreement that he approves automatic charges.
    - PBAS stores the agreement ID as regular payment method and charges the customer using it automatically.
    Customer may also purchase additional services using the agreement from online store w/o any redirects.

There is no seamless switch to this model since customer must accept the agreement.

Also take a look at "Authorize.net CIM" plug-in (available since PBAS 4.1).
    It works w/o redirect and stores CC data on Authorize.net side. This is more secure and probably they have other rates for CIM accounts.

Script to transfer CC data from PBAS to Authorize.net is available. So, you may migrate seamless to this plug-in (however you will not be able to migrate the data back after that).

You can check how it works on our demoset: http://www.parallels.com/products/automation/business/standard/demo/

3. ThomasUtz

ThomasUtz Bit Poster

Out of curiosity: Do you think Paypal is the better option fee-wise? For me they became very expensive and I'm using them for several years now. I would kick them asap when it was not that popular and customers just love it. Is Authorize.net really more expensive nowadays?

4. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Originally I thought so. But I find that its a reseller I've had all these years and they're trying to rip me off.
    The authorize.net direct route is cheaper than him. And its about comparable to paypal, however paypal just isn't an option. Even if you do their website pro package, you *must* offer other payment options which I don't beleive the plug-ins do, so they can either drop you or raise your rates dramatically. So I just don't see paypal as an option.

I've found several other places that are cheaper, which I'm going for. One possibility is charge.com, however there's no plug-in for them. I'd have to write it myself, which isn't a problem, but I've also found another place that charges less and also uses authorize.net at cheaper rates than I'm paying and cheaper than going to authorize.net direct. Authorize.net said there's lots of places like that which are just large resellers that get big discounts.

5. mildredo

mildredo Bit Poster

If you want to make online shopping through credit card then you need a merchant account of any secure payment gateway so you can easily make payment online like merchantinc.com is one of the secure payment gateway which provides the best rates in the industry for credit card processing.

6. GerardoA

GerardoA Kilo Poster

PayPal Adaptive Plugin

Hi Victor

We are currently running PBAS 4.2.2-03 and cant seem to locate the PayPal adaptive plugin you are referring to.

Can you please provide a link & exact name for the PayPal Adaptive plugin as we have resellers that are very interested in using the reoccurring billing facility built into the PayPal Adaptive plugin, its a big point of difference.

Please advise asap.

Thank you.

7. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

The plug-in is shipped with PBAS distribution package.
    RPM name is hspc-plugin-pp-op-paypal_adaptive-4.3-50.swsoft.

8. GerardoA

GerardoA Kilo Poster

Thanks Victor

In your previous reply you had advised that Paypal Adaptive has been available since PBA-S 4.1

Will i be able to find it in our version of 4.2? or do we need to wait until 4.3 is released as i checked the Installed plugins in the 4.3 Demo and couldn't see it in there as an installed plugin.

""Cheers

9. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Yes, it's available from 4.1. The name has hspc-plugin-pp-op-paypal_adaptive-[version].swsoft format.
    I just copied it from my installation, in your case it will be 4.2.2-03.

Buy default the plug-in is not installed, run PBAS installer and select the plug-in for installation.

10. GerardoA

GerardoA Kilo Poster

Thank you :)

11. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

12. GerardoA

GerardoA Kilo Poster

Hi Victor

Hope your well :)

After getting the application ID from PayPal we are still experiencing issues with the plugin, after the order is placed and the client go's to pay for the service via the PayPal plugin they are greeted with a redirect & a screen for the pre approval.

Once you click continue to PayPal all we get is a white screen indefinitely.

I have attached a screen shot and after this its just all white.
    Screen Shot 2013-05-02 at 6.35.49 PM.png

here are the 2 URL's we are using for the plugin.

Server URL: https://svcs.paypal.com/AdaptivePayments/Pay
    Redirect URL: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr

Its as tho the redirect never completes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as if we can get some success with the Plugin then it will make the road for other resellers so much easier and a point of difference between WHM and others.

""Cheers
    Gerardo

13. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Hi Gerardo,

Could you please contact Parallels support team?
    Logs are needed for the issue investigation.

At this step PBAS calls PayPal to get allowed maximum amount for specified currency. The call fails.
    Possible reasons are:
    1. Misconfiguration - e. g. the call cannot be processed because of incorrect password.
    2. Issue on PayPal side - e.g. it cannot return the value for AUD currency.
    3. Problems on PBAS side - e.g. the plug-in cannot parse response from PayPal.

14. Efrain

Efrain Kilo Poster

How do I transfer my paypal balance to the debit card connected to my paypal?