"Parallels shared profile" window won't disappear

Discussion in 'Installation, Update and Configuration' started by Crappy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Crappy

Crappy Bit Poster

Regardless how many times I log out and restart my computer, the "parallels shared profile" window pops up. It says I will be logged out of the system to apply the new Shared Profile settings, but like I said it won't disappear when I log in again. How do I get rid of it?

2. winstonsmith

winstonsmith Bit Poster

Me too. Wish I hadn't updated this morning. I've had repeated logouts re shared profiles, a few freezes and an attempted repair that I have no idea how it started running. I don't use Windows often and whatever is going on with this Parallels update is ****.

Oh yeah, my resolution is messed up. After the update I can't stop it from stretching and distorting on resizing my Mac window. I haven't found the fix but I shouldn't have to, it was working just fine.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  3. NewNickName2

NewNickName2 Bit Poster

Just in case anyone is counting, me too. I've found I can keep working as long as I don't dismiss that window, which will cause me to restart and of course get the window again. My shared folders are working exactly as I have specified I want them to work.

4. hanskalk

hanskalk Bit Poster

Me too!! How ca I fix this?
    I already opened a support ticket.

5. IgnacioS

IgnacioS Bit Poster

Same issue here

I have the same issue since installing the latest parallels update and Win 8.1

Please give us a fix...

6. hanskalk

hanskalk Bit Poster

The Parallels Support told me to delete Parallels 9 from my mac and to reinstall again. But in this case do I lose all of my windows data?