Parallels Business Automation 4.2 release announcement

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by vbatraev, Jun 26, 2012.

1. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Dear Parallels Partners,

We are proud to announce the latest release of Parallels Business Automation Standard—version 4.2. This latest version will help you increase revenue, control costs, and differentiate your services. It’s one more example of our continued focus on developing new features and capabilities that enable you to better manage and scale your hosting businesses.

Top new features:

• Support for Parallels Plesk Panel 11
    • Affiliate Program tools
    • New user interface for customer control panel, unified across all Parallels products
    • Enhanced security
    • Cloud-like configuration flexibility
    • Ability to offer fixed-amount discounts as well as percentage discounts
    • Ability to combine multiple versions of an operating system in a single offering
    • Support for Kayako Fusion Help Desk
    • Support for Hosted Exchange 2010 SP2 (through integration with POA 5.4)
    • Enhanced reliability

With Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.2, you can:

• Increase your revenue by launching new shared and VPS hosting plans powered by Parallels Plesk Panel 11. The panel supports a rich portfolio of integrated add-ons, including an updated version of Parallels Web Presence Builder, with over 100 small business templates, plus the ability to optimize your website for viewing on mobile phones.
    • Boost your sales and customer loyalty with our all-new Affiliate Program tools, enabling your customers to earn money by advertising your services on their websites.
    • Reduce support costs by providing a consistent and seamless experience to all your customers with our new unified user interface, now available across all our products—Parallels Automation, Parallels Plesk Panel, and Parallels Business Automation Standard.
    • Improve security with new features designed to reduce and avert vulnerabilities. These include use of an encrypted security key for Parallels Panel authorization, eliminating the need for you to store credentials, plus updated third-party packages that offer enhanced security.
    • Differentiate your offerings with new “cloud-like†configuration flexibility that lets you decide which resources you want to appear in your store as billable options, and which ones you want to treat as non-billable and therefore exclude from your store offerings.
    • Attract new customers by using our new promotion plug-in, which lets you offer fixed-amount discounts (e.g., $20 off), in addition to percentage discounts.
    • Enhance your VPS hosting plans by offering different versions of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Mandrake, SUSE) or Windows (Windows 2003, Windows 2008) within the same hosting plan, rather than having to create a different hosting plan for each version of the operating system. (You still need to have separate offerings for Linux and Windows—this feature just lets you combine different versions of the same operating system within a single offering.)
    • Deliver a better customer experience and improved support services with an updated integrated module for the Kayako Fusion Help Desk solution.
    • Offer Hosted Exchange 2010 SP2 services by integrating Parallels Business Automation Standard 4.2 with Parallels Operations Automation 5.4.
    • Increase customer satisfaction with more reliable software. The latest version of Parallels Business Automation Standard includes bug fixes related to billing, provisioning, the on-line store, payment and domain registration plug-ins, and more.

Download a trial copy of PBAS 4.2
    Download PBAS 4.2 upgrade version at PartnerNet portal.
    Experience PBAS 4.2 by yourself using our online demo.
    Learn more about Parallels Plesk Panel 11
    Refer to PBAS 4.2 Release Notes for more information.
    Please send your feedback, suggestions and enhancement requests to our forum.
    Contact us if you have any questions.

You can also learn more about PBAS 4.2 features by signing up for our June or July webinar:
    Register for the Wednesday session, June 27 at 11 AM (PDT), or
    Register for the Thursday session, June 28 at 7 AM (PDT) / 4 PM (CEST), or
    Register for the Thursday session, July 26 at 7 AM PDT / 10 AM EDT / 4 PM CEST, or
    Register for the Thursday session, July 26 at 11 AM PDT/ 2 PM EDT

What’s next? Next generation online store!

We are working on our new, next generation, “cloud-like†PBAS store. Some of you, who’s already seen it’s demo during Parallels Summit or WHD.global events, tried new sliders, predefined configurations, simple and clean interface is definitely excited as much as we are! All required changes for this new store have been done in the PBAS 4.2 core and this means we just need to finish beta testing and release it independently in Q3.

What’s next? Another major release this year!

We are planning to reduce product release cycle and finish development of the next major version of PBAS before the end of this year.
    We have received so many great feedbacks and enhancement requests from you during Parallels Summit in Orlando, WHD.global conference in Rust, Cloud Forum in Australia, that we simply can’t wait to start coding and implementing these new features in our product.
    Thank you for your continued support—as well as for your feedback and enhancement requests. Your input is critical in helping drive our roadmaps and improve our products and services.

2. Tony Valenti

Tony Valenti Kilo Poster

Customizing PBAS's Interface

I just upgraded to PBAS 4.2, however, I'm having problems figuring out how to customize the interface.

I want to change the "Help and Support" tab so that it takes people directly to /cp/index.cgi/support/ts

I've reviewed the SDK in depth and there is a lot of info on how to add new sections and items into sections, but there is nothing on how to change a tab.

Can you offer up some pointers?

3. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

Hi Tony,

Please check "Control Panel Top Frame and Tabs Customization" chapter of PBAS SDK.

It has an example, how to hide a tab. The tab URL can be changed similar way:
    Insert following the following line
    "$url = "?ret_url=L2NwL2luZGV4LmNnaS9zdXBwb3J0L3Rz" if ($tab eq 'help');"
    instead of
    "next if ($tab eq 'system_domains_domconts');"
    one from the example.

It means that the tab url should be changed if the tab id equals "help".
    "L2NwL2luZGV4LmNnaS9zdXBwb3J0L3Rz" in the return URL is base64 encoded "/cp/index.cgi/support/ts" string.

So, modified part of the template should look as follows:

foreach my $m ( @{$menu} ) {
    my $url = $m->{url} || "/cp/index.cgi/top/zone,$m->{tab}";
    my $name = $m->{title};
    my $tab = $m->{tab};
    $url = "?ret_url=L2NwL2luZGV4LmNnaS9zdXBwb3J0L3Rz" if ($tab eq 'help'); ##added line
    $OUT .= qq{
    <li class="" id="$tab">
    <a onclick="topTab(this);showButtonIndicator(this);doSubmit('$url','main');" href="javascript:void(0)"><span>$name</span></a>
    </li>};
    }

4. Tony Valenti

Tony Valenti Kilo Poster

Hi Victor,
    Thanks a ton for the post. That definitely helps a lot - I spent almost two hours googling for this and I couldn't find it!

I have one last question:
    From the looks of it, it looks as though that change is very skin specific. Is there any way for me to make the change in such a way that this will take effect for all skins? How would I add things to the $menu variable? Also, what is the structure for menu items? Ideally, I would like for this to work for all skins.

Thanks so much for your help thus far!

5. vbatraev

vbatraev Odin Team

This customization will be applied to all skins.
    $menu has 3 elements:
    - url
    - title
    - tab (id)

You may add an element to the $menu before foreach in the template in the example and additional tab will appear in CP.