Option to enable or disable billing system

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by TDub, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDub

TDub Kilo Poster

If it hasn't bee mentioned, it would be extremely beneficial to have the option to enable/disable the billing system both for system admins, and resellers alike. That way we all have a choice as to whether we want to use the built-in billing, or an external system.

I don't expect all resellers (or system admins) have their own billing system, so they could take advantage of the built-in one if they need it, while others who might have their own system like WHMCS can use that instead and just disable the internal billing for their instance.

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, TDub,
    Thanks for the idea. As I understand, you are suggesting to selectively enable/disable access to the billing system. I'll think how this could be done.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

3. TDub

TDub Kilo Poster

That is correct. The billing module should always be something we can enable or disable for those of us who have our own billing solution already.

So, the system admin should be able to decide whether they want to use the billing system to bill their customers (who would be resellers and end-users). And the resellers should be able to choose whether they want to enable/disable the billing system for their own customers.

So, this means:

1) A check box at the system admin level to enable/disable the billing system for the admin's customers (which would be resellers and the admin's own end users)
    2) A check box in the reseller's settings area to enable/disable the billing system for that reseller and his/her customers.

Bottom line is, allow the admin to determine who can use the billing system, then offer the flexibility to enable/disable the billing system based on individual needs.

4. rrolfe

rrolfe Kilo Poster

I would like to put in another vote for this. Even if we are not able to disable/enable on a per reseller basis, there should be a way to install and use the system without the billing module being activated.

5. Blake@Parallels

Blake@Parallels Mega Poster

Global enabling/disabling of the Customer & Business Manager billing system is already available. For ease, all of the trial licenses include this feature. If you'd like a new license generated that does _not_ have this feature for your testing, just send us a mail: ppa [at] parallels.com

6. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

You may disable Billing by force even you installed license key with enabled Billing. Run the command:

/usr/local/ppa/bin/billing.sh --switch off --login <admin_login> --password <admin_password>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.