OBAS downgrade subscription can't reduce IP's

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by galaxy, Jun 20, 2016.

1. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

A customer wants to downgrade their subscription to only 10 domains, however they already have 15 allocated to them as a reseller in plesk.

I've reduced the dedicated IP's allocated in plesk by deleting them from their pool.
    I've told the system to "synchronize with plesk" under the subscription.
    It still shows they have 15 IP's.
    When trying to do a "change plan" to the lower plan, it comes back with:

Number of IP addresses cannot be lower than 15 ip(s).

Which they obviously won't need in a plan that can only host 10 domains.
    So in the "order", it bills them for the extra IP's they don't need.

How can I reduce the IP's in OBAS? Its already reduced in Plesk on the reseller account.

2. Vadim Ivanov

Vadim Ivanov Kilo Poster

Dear galaxy,

Please verify the box "Allow resource usage downgrade" for desired hosting plan is checked in PCC -> Commerce Director -> Upgrade Manager -> Configuration.
    [​IMG]

3. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Yes, that's checked already. Its checked on all the plans.

4. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Does anyone know what database table holds the count for the IP's for a reseller subscription?
    If I was able to reduce that to the desired amount after the downgrade, would that work?

5. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello. Ability to reduce dedicated IP addresses for Plesk Client subscription has been added in OBAS 4.5.6. Before attempt to remove unecesary IP addresses please ensure that them aren't used for web and email hosting on Plesk side.

6. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Since I cant get OBAS 4.5.6 yet (install fails, separate issue). I'm wondering if I can just manually update the database, or will that break something?

Also, my plesk is running in an OpenVZ container, so I need to do my IP allocations directly in Plesk. It would be great if you can synchronize the settings between systems in conflicts resolver or somewhere.
    I released a block of unused addresses in plesk to get it below the limit, but OBAS doesn't see it I guess. Is this what was fixed in 4.5.6?

My thoughts were to delete the IP leases that were removed off plesk, then update the count on the subscription somewhere (or is that dynamically calculated)?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

It's better to not alter database manually, because you may broke your installation with low chances to fix it. It does not matter do you use physical installation (physical server or OpenVZ which we cannot manage), or a PVN, OBAS 4.5.6 will be able to decrease number of IPs for Plesk Client subscriptions, if they aren't used for hosting/email and can be removed from Plesk itself.

8. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Hi, well I finally was able to upgrade OBAS to the lastest last month (version 4.5.6-33). However, I still can't reduce the IP's.
    The current is 15, I need to reduce it to 10 (or less). In plesk, only 4 are used & assigned. On the "change plan" dialogs, it says the minimum is 15, which is what they currently have assigned in OBAS.

So how can I downgrade the subscription without them having to pay extra per month for ip's they're not using?

9. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

I found in the release notes where you need to jump through the hoops to find the "Network" tab (not on the subscription, but in the plesk manager).
    When I try to release IP's on that screen I get the following error:

Failed to release the IP address. The number of IP addresses could not be less than the included value for the subscription resource.

So you have a chicken & egg problem. You can't release the unused ones.

10. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

To investigate issue further I have to check what you describe here on your installation. In most cases unavailability to release IPs caused by their utilization on Plesk side by hosting/dns/email.

In my case I can see the following green message for particular Plesk Client:
    The following IP Address(es) are not used for hosting and can be released: 1.10.1.23

11. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

Yep, I got the message that 10 IP addresses are not used and can be released. But when you try to release any of them, it gives you the error about the addresses can't be less than the included value for the subscription.

12. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

In order to investigate this issue further please create a request to Odin technical support with reference to this thread. If issue will be caused by a bug, incident will be refunded to your account.

13. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

It requires I purchase an incident to report a bug. How do I report a bug without having to pay for it? I'm having the same issue with the SSL CSR bug.

14. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

If issue will be caused by a bug, incident will be refunded to your account.

15. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

As a work-around I can delete the subscription without destroying anything, then create a new one. Its just another bug/reason to switch to WHM/cPanel, which works.

16. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

From my point of view situation looks like deadlock:
    - You insist that product have a bug
    - I think that there is misconfiguration, because on my set all works fine, and even more - I've coded this feature in OBAS 4.5.6

- You do not want to spend money on support incident, which will be refunded if product really have a bug
    - You do not want to provide access to your installation, to even let me investigate this issue without spending your money, thus, I cannot investigate it

And after all this you starts to talk about migration to another product.

Right now I cannot see another ways to help you in your situation.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  17. galaxy

galaxy Mega Poster

I get that too.
    And after this, when you check the box and try to release it, does it actually allow you to release it?
    And does the subscription have a set number of IP's included with it?
    When I confirm the dialog box to say its OK to release them, I get the screen back with the green message with the list of IP's not used and can be released, but also get the red box with:

Failed to release the IP address. The number of IP addresses could not be less than the included value for the subscription resource.

I've never been asked for access to the installation to look at it. I'd be glad to.
    But if you look where that error message comes from (that's the exact text copied from the screen).
    The source of the page has this (if it helps):

<!-- Status :: skin_default -->
    <div class="marginStatus">
    <table cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" class=Error_bg>
    <tr height="22"><td width="100%"><span class="status_text">Failed to release the IP address. The number of IP addresses could not be less than the included value for the subscription resource.</span></td></tr>
    </table></div>
    <!-- /Status --><!-- Status :: skin_default -->

I've put a lot of time in customizing the software to work in my case. I'd rather not move to another product unless its absolutely necessary. Another issue is the 2-letter state abbreviation in the SSL CSR which may be a show stopper. I have to manually do SSL certificates and bypass OBAS to get valid certificates by.

EDIT: I just saw your request for access in my email after your update was posted.

18. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Let's investigate what is going wrong. I've spent a lot of time to develop this feature and really interested to find out what is going wrong.
    About CSRs - HF will be available on Monday, we will contact you additionally.