OBAS and OpenVZ integration?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KonstantinosS, Feb 29, 2016.

1. KonstantinosS

KonstantinosS Mega Poster

I know that OBAS can be used with Virtuozzo, but can it also be used with OpenVZ? Granted, I won't have all the features of VIrtuozzo, but still, I would like to know if containers can still be created by OBAS on OpenVZ nodes.

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Hello.

I do not even try this, so cannot provide any information about compatibility. At least, OpenVZ should have PVA, which is required for intercommunication between two products.

3. KonstantinosS

@dkolvakh PVA is already installed in a PCS/Virtuozzo hardware node, so I imagine I could try to register an OpenVZ hardware node in PVA, as OpenVZ is a very stripped down version of Virtuozzo, correct? Also, should I try this on an already running PVA or download a new one and install it on a test machine first, just to be safe? I imagine the last one, as I don't want to play with fire and mess up an already working installation, correct?

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

KonstantinosS, OBAS prefer to communicate to each VZ node independently, so each VZ node should have it's own PVA agent inside it.
    So, if OpenVZ do not have PVA agent available, I'm afraid that you wouldn't succeed in that case.

5. KonstantinosS

Ok, that's good to know :) Thanks for the info dkolvakh!