node selection bases on service template

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by RonAarnink, Aug 11, 2014.

1. RonAarnink

RonAarnink Bit Poster

Hello,

We have a PPA environment with 7 service nodes (one management node, two web-, two database- and two e-mail servers). We also have 2 variants of hosting, a consumer and business variant.

We want separate the consumers from the business variants on the service nodes.
    I
    want to use webserver1, databaseserver1 and emailserver1 for consumer hosting and webserver2, databaseserver2 and emailserver2 for business hosting

I want to make two service templates, one consumer and one business template.

Is it possible to configure ppa as follow:
    When we subscript a consumer template, everything must provision only on the consumer service nodes automatically (web01, db01 and email01) and not on the business services nodes.

Best regards,
    Ron

2. RodolfoE

RodolfoE Kilo Poster

You will need to configure your service nodes with Attributes, for example the mail nodes "Consumer Mail Server" and "Business Email Server". Then create a Resource Type "Postfix Consumer Email" and "Postfix Business Email" which you will link to the corresponding Attribute. Create Service Templates which you will then link the resources to, following the examples "Consumer Email" and "Business Email". When the subscriptions are provisioned using these service templates they will use the service nodes linked to the attribute.

3. RonAarnink

RonAarnink Bit Poster

Hello RodolfoE,

Where can i add the attributes, i can only asign "pre defined" attributes to a service node. I cant find the place to add new attributes.

Best Regards,

Ron

4. RodolfoE

RodolfoE Kilo Poster

PPA 11.1
    Products-> Attributes -> New Attribute

PPA 11.5
    Products -> Resources -> Attributes -> New Attribute

Then you assign it to Service Nodes

Infrastructure -> Service Nodes -> Node ->General -> Attributes -> Assign

5. RonAarnink

RonAarnink Bit Poster

Thanks!

It works!

6. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

We've been using attributes successfully for a while. However we recently had a need to move some sites' email to "their" private server. We've migrated the email accounts just fine but then disable the Ready to Provide option on it so no one else's email goes there. Can we add mail attributes after the fact or only at the initial provisioning? For example can we now safely add an attribute to the mail service node and then to the subscription, and after that the subscription will have its mail tied to that service node for any future domains they add?

Thanks,

7. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

To follow up my own post for posterity, after some experimenting it looks like we can get as far as adding a second Mail Service to a subscription but we can't remove the original Mail Service because it is in use. And we can't change the original Mail Service since multiple subscriptions are using it. So, in essence, no it doesn't work to change attributes after the fact. Unless perhaps one deletes the existing webspaces (and mail accounts), makes the changes, and recreates them all.