MySQL Database user

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by HansK, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HansK

HansK Kilo Poster

Adding a database to a account, will prefix the db name with the account-id.

When account-is is for example hanskind :), the database will be hanskind_[db-name].

When a database user is added, this prefix is not used.

My proposal is to also use the account-id prefix (hanskind_) for the user name.

This would make sys admin much easier.

Always link the database and database user to the account-id.

2. dynamicnet

dynamicnet Kilo Poster

Good day:

I agree on this thought process.

Also, H-Sphere has the ability to put in a reasonable size (256 character?) description for the purpose of the database.

For me, that helps a lot because we have users with dozens of domain names on their account with a half dozen or more databases. Each database is typically associated with a domain name.

On that note, and I don't know the limitations for the length of a mysql database name, it would be great to have
    [user id] - [domain name] - [database name] - [__________ user fill in the blank] for the database name such as

dynamicnet_dynamicnet.net_MainWordPressDB

Thank you.

3. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Thanks, gents,
    For your understanding of our plans, there is a number of outstanding DB management improvement requests, and we are looking at Plesk schedule where to accommodate them. I will add DB objects naming conventions to the list.

4. HansK

HansK Kilo Poster

Andrew, is it possible to make this list available to the forum. That way we know what changes are considered, and could reduce the number of posts, regarding changes that are under review or scheduled.

5. Amin Taheri

Amin Taheri Product Expert

I dont mean to bring up a dead/old thread - but doesnt Plesk do this already? If so, why wouldnt it also be in PPA? It would also be nice to see that list as HansK mentioned so that we dont bug you about features being built out, and we can also ask for additional things that may save some time in development to do in tandem instead of later on.

6. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, Amin,
    Briefly what we are going to do is:
    a. Define which DB servers can be used by a particular subscription
    b. Allow a DB user access to several DBs on the same server.

We have not started development of this functionality yet. When we’ll come to it, maybe we’ll have more discussion.

Regards,
    Andrey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.