MySQL admin password

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by CoyoteKG, Mar 30, 2016.

1. CoyoteKG

CoyoteKG Kilo Poster

Hello, I want to run to optimize all tables, but I can't access with admin user.

At this article I saw that my admin password must be same like admin password for plesk panel.
    And when I use this command
    Code:
    # /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password
    yes that is the same password like for plesk.

But when I try to run command
    Code:
    mysqlcheck -u admin -p --optimize --all-databases
    with that password, I got message
    Code:
    mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) when trying to connect
    If I try just to connect to mysql from terminal with
    Code:
    mysql -u admin -p
    I got again similar error
    Code:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    But If try to log with your advice from the link (first link in this post)
    Code:
    # mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`
    I log without problems.

Why that happened?
    I want to optimaze all databases because results from mysqltuner advice me to do that.
    I have over 4500 fragmented tables and I saw somewhere that I need to run optimize

This is mysqltuner result

I now that mysql is up only few seconds, but because I changed few mysqltuner's recommendations, and I restarted mysql after changing my.cnf file, and run again mysqltuner. Tomorrow I will check again mysqltuner.

This is my.cnf file

2. SteveITS

SteveITS Tera Poster

Is this on your PPA management node or on a service node? For a service node the MySQL root login and password is set when the node is added to PPA and PPA installs MySQL.