Multiple mail problems

Discussion in 'Plesk 7.1 Reloaded Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jamesl, Sep 22, 2004.

  1. jamesl

    jamesl Guest

    I have two different problems on two different servers running Plesk 7.1.4 on FreeBSD 4.9.

    The first one is:

    mailboxes have to have mail deleted and account readded to outlook almost constantly, it's only one mailbox at a time that does this.

    The second one is,

    An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'test', Account: '', Server: '', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 unable to exec qq (#4.3.0)', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC6A
  2. RevMagi

    RevMagi Kilo Poster


    I had this issue as well with Plesk 7.1.5 on BSD box I admin. I found that e-mail was not able to come in or go out from server. After backing up the system, removing and reinstalling plesk and then restoreing, The problem stayed. We even had Sw-soft look at the problem for a few days. This time i was able to check install logs and found that the DR web had some errors. The big clue was it was not able to be shutdown because the qmail.queue.orgin file is was looking for was really qmail.queue.origin. There I saw that a virus def file it is looking for is not there as well. After changing the file name I was able to shutdown DR. Web and the e-mail has been working perfect ever since.

    Unfortunately I have another box that is getting the same Qmail 41 error your getting and the stopping of dr web and spamassassin is not fixing it. I would like to know the answer as well as I admin a ton of plesk boxes for a few datacenters and I am seeing a lot fo e-mail problems in 7.1
  3. RevMagi

    RevMagi Kilo Poster

    Not sure if it is going to help others on BSD as I have not tested it on that platform yet. On RH I have gone in and removed DR Web. I then ran in the qmail dir. This fixed all the permissions and settings on the qmail. My 451 problems are gone and all e-mail is backup and running.


Share This Page