MS-Access Database 2010 Problem

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by biranl, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biranl

biranl Bit Poster

Hi there,
    I had developed my website using ASP .Net 4 using MS-Access 2010. I am using Parallels Plesk panel 9.5.5 for Windows. Unfortunately, database connection string error, error: Ace.oledb.12.0 is not install at your server. So, i referred this link http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
    but this is out of my control.

Please suggest me. what should i do.
    Waiting your prompt.

Thank you

2. davejuk

davejuk Bit Poster

I don't know what Ace is but why not use Jet, i.e. "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=|DataDirectory|/mydatabase.mdb". This assumes your database (mydatabase.mdb) is in the App_Data folder.

On a seperate note, why not use SQL Server Express?

3. biranl

biranl Bit Poster

Hi davejuk,
    Thanks for reply.
    MS-Access 2010 is upgraded to Ace Oledb.
    Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0 is a old version below MS-Access 2003.
    SQL Server Express is just engine to query for database. I can't create database by Express edition.

4. davejuk

davejuk Bit Poster

OK I see.

To install the Access 2010 database engine, you will need to log into your server via remote desktop. If you don't have RDP access then you can ask your host to install it.

If you don't have RDP access and your host is unwilling to install it then you could always save the MDB file in Access 2007 format and use Jet, as per my previous post.

However I would strongly recommend converting your database to MSSQL. The migration tool built into Access sucks but fortunately Microsoft provide a free stand-alone migration tool: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/en/us/product-info/migration-tool.aspx#Access

5. biranl

biranl Bit Poster

Thanks again davejuk,
    I don't have RDP access and hosting site also not willing.
    if i use "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDb.4.0; Data Source=|DataDirectory|/mydatabase.mdb"
    may i need to configuration on hosting?

another problem on my hosting site.
    i have aspx files on there and default file is defualt.aspx but there is automatically created new default.asp file what is the problem?

6. davejuk

davejuk Bit Poster

You can use any engine as long as it is installed. JET should be installed as standard. Which version of Windows Server are you running? Why don't you just try it? It's not much effort.

If you have another question then you should start another thread. If you don't want one of the default documents then just delete it.

7. biranl

biranl Bit Poster

8. davejuk

davejuk Bit Poster

Have you imported the System.Data.OleDb namespace?

9. biranl

biranl Bit Poster

of course, i did.

10. davejuk

davejuk Bit Poster

Well that error suggests you have not. I will need your full source to help further.

11. jackadision

jackadision Bit Poster

In order to fix MS Access databse 2010 errors and other problems you should apply some professional tricks. To know about them, visit: http://www.accessrepairnrecovery.com/blog/how-to-solve-error-48-error-in-loading-dll

12. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.