Module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Andrew Andriatis, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi, Greg. Now I got your question.
    We don't have such tool at the moment. I will file a feature request to our migration team.

Regards,
    Andrey

2. Hostdepartment

Hostdepartment Bit Poster

Hi Andrew,

Greetings. We have tested the PPA WHMCS module and it works for end user account. Do you have an ETA on when the support for reseller accounts be provided with the WHMCS module? Also, what would be the advantages and disadvantages of using PBA over the WHMCS module?

Thanks,
    Bob
    Hostdepartment LLC

3. Andrew Andriatis

Hi, Bob,
    We have not approached the resellers in WHMCS yet. The resellers install their own instances of WHMCS, and those should be connected to the system via the resellers' credentials. Unfortunately not all API methods work under such credentials, and we have to create some gateway on our side to accept the reseller credentials and to execute the command under admin. No ETA on this work so far.

PBA (Parallels Business Automation) is tightly integrated with POA (Parallels Operations Automation) business logic. It makes easier to create various upsell paths with the set of service templates set in PPA. Also, it provides fully integrated customer panel with the billing screens embedded into the same UI.

Regards,
    Andrey

4. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

So we're in the process of manually entering our customers into the WHMCS system - matching up customer + subscriptions + plan - what I want to know is -...

1. how do we setup extra domains / pointings / etc within WHMCS?
    2. how can we ensure a customer cannot add a domain in plesk/PPA - and avoid billing from WHMCS?

thank you

5. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

I have found a problem - if we have SSL on - the "open in PPA" links (Open Control Panel from the customer side) will open the PPA main URL - which is NOT the branded URL - we have setup:

cppa.webyourbusiness.net as branded - it uses port 443 for SSL - the SSL on option uses port 8443 - which opens the Parallels branded version - NOT the one we took time and put an SSL onto:

If a customer login to our branded side - they end up here:

https://ppa.webyourbusiness.net/smb/admin-home (branded)

but in WHMCS - they end up here:

https://ppa.webyourbusiness.net:8443/smb/admin-home (unbranded)

I cannot change the port because the module is ioncube encoded - can we get a version that is port 443 - or can you change it so the port is in the options we setup?

thank you

Greg

6. Andrey Dobrenko

Andrey Dobrenko Odin Team

HI Greg,

Thank you for reporting. The problem with redirect issue on 8443 has been identified. Please contact to me and we will provide a patch on that.

--
    Andrey Dobrenko
    Development Manager
    Parallels Plesk Automation
    Web Site: http://www.parallels.com/products/plesk-automation/

7. mido2013

mido2013 Bit Poster

Got it. We'll add.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  8. mido2013

mido2013 Bit Poster

Any chance to see a non-encrypted version or a sample module like this so we can write modules as well?

9. AndrewX

AndrewX Bit Poster

Any plans for a WHMCS module for PBA (PBAs)?

10. Andrew Andriatis

Hi, Andrew,
    This is a strange request. How do you combine two billing systems together? What's the scenario?

Thanks,
    Andrey Andriatis

11. AndrewX

AndrewX Bit Poster

12. AndrewX

AndrewX Bit Poster

Hi, I'm on the reseller panel of PBA and I want to get it integrated into WHMCS.
    I have read this document which shows that it's possible, but I don't know how to deal with API things :(
    download[dot]pa[dot]parallels[dot]com/pbas/doc/PBAS_SDK

13. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

maybe you need to ask this question in the PBA forum AndrewX.

14. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

http://download1.parallels.com/ppa/...ntegration_guide/index.htm?fileName=71617.htm

For everyone's information - 11.5 requires an upgrade to the WHMCS module:

I have thoroughly backed up my previous versions - and awaiting the "support gods" to deliver 11.5 from above. I note that our PleskAutomation.php file was supplied with a patch from the devs on Sept. 24th - and hope + pray that the same patch is now in the new 11.5 version, or once again, we'll install "fixed" software to break things...

15. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

there appears to be a problem with 11.5 and the WHMCS module - when I click the link to login as my customer, I see their subscription, but when I click the websites tab, it errors with no permissions - showing me the customer whose domains I looked at first today. I am pretty sure if I clear cookies in the browser, I'll be OK - but this method of viewing customer subscriptions appears to be broken in some way.

16. ghadab

ghadab Bit Poster

that's great thank you

17. HostDepLLC

HostDepLLC Kilo Poster

Please clarify on the license and support options available for the WHMCS module. We need to try WHMCS for our newly installed cluster setup.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  18. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

I have found a client we accidentally entered twice into WHMCS - they have two different accounts, each with a billing service attached to the PPA subscription - obviously we need to cancel one - how do I break the connection with the PPA subscription on the one account in WHMCS so that I can close the account without it closing the PPA plan?

19. Nhanbacdoi

Nhanbacdoi Bit Poster

Previously I also have a client facing situations like the GregHL. I have to thanks to the help of some new friends solve that problem.

20. cyberhostpro

cyberhostpro Kilo Poster

HI

I've downloaded the 11.5 module for WHMCS, I see the ability to create reseller accounts has still not been done?
    Parallels.. if your team are not confident making the module work for resellers, why not checkout http://www.modulesgarden.com/ these are WHMCS developers, I've used them for tons of custom dev including hiring them to make a module that automates Plesk licenses etc, their amazing!