Module for WHMCS

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Andrew Andriatis, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hello, everybody.

We introduce our first preview of the WHMCS integration module. It can be downloaded from here.

While the documentation is still under construction, you are welcome to install it into your WHMCS test instance and register a PPA Management Node with it. We'd be very glad to hear what's unclear and what should be reflected in the document.

The main clue is that the product references a PPA Service Template by its ID.
    The main restriction of the module is that the reseller business is not reflected in it yet.

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis,
    Parallels Plesk Automation Program Manager

2. sonics

sonics Mega Poster

Something what woulb be missing is to be able to setup how many MSSQL a product can have. i see only mysql.

3. Andrew Andriatis

Got it. We'll add.

4. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Guru

We'll be installing and testing the WHMCS module this week, but what I am dying to know is if the module supports overuse?

5. Andrew Andriatis

6. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

Any chance to see a non-encrypted version or a sample module like this so we can write modules as well?

7. Andrew Andriatis

Hi, Gregor,
    Happy New Year.

Do you mean writing your own WHMCS module or writing integration with other billing/business systems? For the latter we have described all functional calls used in our integration in a separate doc: http://download1.parallels.net/ppa/docs/en-US/pdf/ppa_integration_guide.pdf.
    As for the WHMCS module, I am not sure how legitimate is revealing a sample of a WHMCS module. The WHMCS company opens their integration techniques only to the registered users with valid licenses. We cannot publish a sample openly to everybody. As for the registered users, I'll have to communicate WHMCS first to figure out the procedure.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

8. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

Happy New Year to you too!
    I was looking into integrating other services and will take a look at the documentation.

I think I asked this before and somebody said they will look into this:

Is there or will there be an option for a developer to add services to PPA that will be billed through PPA.
    As example at the time I was using Postini.
    So basically adding a "button" to enable postini for an email address by the end-user.
    - A certain action will be executed (adding the email to postini via my own code)
    - PPA charges a certain amount to the end-user/reseller.

9. Andrew Andriatis

Yes, we are considering options to add custom services into the service templates. In general, the APS standard is designed to provide such integration capability. In Parallels Automation a component called the "SaaS Controller" provides a capability to include a particular APS package into a service template, and thus make is sellable. At the moment PPA is not compatible with the SaaS controller of PA. We are planning to achieve this capability in the second half of this year.

The second half of your statement is much harder to implement. If I have correctly understood you, you want to charge not when a service plan with Postini is purchased, but when the Postini service was actually activated. The APS standard gives us only one feedback option - the resource usage. In this case your scripts will have to report back the number of days since the service activation, and the billing system should be able to charge accordingly. To me this seems to be an overcomplication.

Regards,
    Andrey

10. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

Thank you for the info.
    I will be waiting for the SaaS Connector.
    As long as the customer is billed for the service at some point, it will work great.

11. TonyDas

TonyDas Kilo Poster

Hi

Can somebody maybe shed some light as to how to install the module into WHMCS and how to set it up in WHMCS.
    I copied the directory PleskAutomation to the modules/addons director. In WHMCS if I go to setup, addons, there is nothing that said PleskAutomation to activate, but at the top I can see a new module that doesnt have a name. I activated that and selected all three roles.
    I dont know what to do from here on. If I go to add new product I only see PPA listed in the Modules section - only Plesk 8,9,10 and plesk reseller

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

12. Alexander Nesterenko

Alexander Nesterenko Bit Poster

Hi, TonyDas!
    You should unpack PleskAutomation.zip to 'modules/servers' directory, not 'modules/addons'.
    After that it should appear in WHMCS (Setup > Product & Services > Servers > Add New server > 'Type' dropdown in Server details section )

Regards,
    Alexander

13. vouilloz_d

vouilloz_d Bit Poster

Hi,

Is it possible to correct the archive WHMCS module and associated file?

The module does not work and I think this is due to the use of capital letters in the file, and certainly in the PHP code.

http://docs.whmcs.com/Addon_Modules

Thanks

EDIT:

I just read the post above, I installed the module in the addons directory and not in modules / servers ...

Everything works fine

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  14. MarwanK

MarwanK Bit Poster

I was never able to get WHMCS provision orders to PPA. I tried to use the exact name of the service template, I tried to use the service template ID, I removed the spaces and upper cases and used a one word lower case service template name. Still getting the below error when WHMCS tries to provision an order to PPA:

Module Create Failed - Service ID: 4 - Error: Error Code: -
    - 01/07/2013 20:17 - userID - 176.xx.xx.xx

Any one help please?

15. Alexander Nesterenko

Please describe how did you install module
    There was a group 'PPA Products' in Setup > Product/Services > Product/Services after module installation ?

16. MarwanK

MarwanK Bit Poster

Hi Alex,

Yes, I did configure a server group and still getting the error.

17. Alexander Nesterenko

Strange. Is there something in Utilities -> Logs -> Module Log ?

18. MarwanK

MarwanK Bit Poster

Nope. Nothing at all. But debugging mode is disabled.

19. Alexander Nesterenko

Please enable it and look what is there

20. GregHL

GregHL Mega Poster

is there a way to export my PPA customer/plans/subscriptions etc for import into WHMCS - because creating them all from a running PPA cluster is going to take a very long time. We have our hsphere migrated into PPA - and now we need to get them setup in WHMCS now to accurately reflect our current customer base in PPA.