Management Node as Service Node

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by Autologica, Sep 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autologica

Autologica Bit Poster

Can the Management Node itself be used as a Service Node, IE for Apache Hosting and MySQL?

2. StephenE

StephenE Kilo Poster

My input on this would be in this day and age, why?

Just put it in a VM and keep it split, much easier to lock down that way, ensure long term stability, and more.

3. Autologica

Autologica Bit Poster

I have a really zippy dedicated I want to put this on instead of a pokey cloud instance but I do not want to waste all the resources of the dedicated to just the management node. I'm just penny pinching initially (wow I sound cheap).

4. StephenE

StephenE Kilo Poster

My off network status machines are all zippy too, and I run each service in its own VM. Forums, IM, monitoring etc, much safer and better, and it stays zippy as well. A VM layer is not a huge performance hit, I am not talking about putting it n amazon or anything.

EVerything else runs in a VM as well, be it on a cloud or local storage VM, it makes hardware independent services, bare metal restores, and upgrades a total breeze!

5. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

Hi,
    We do not configure the service plans by default in this way, but yes, you can. All you have to do is to add "Apache" and "MySQL" provisioning attributes to the management node, and our default plans will start provisioning to the management node.

Regards,
    Andrey Andriatis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.