Make ALL applications available to install in control panel.

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feature Requests' started by PhilP, Jun 17, 2014.

1. PhilP

PhilP Kilo Poster

There's this horrible situation right now where not all Plesk applications are made available to customers because of the way PBAS expects you to register those applications.

There needs to be an option so we can just sell them all, irrespective of if they are registered or not. It's a barrier and a right pain in the butt.

2. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

PhilP, unfortunately it's impossible to change current design due to technical reasons.
    Btw, you can install all applications you've need in transparent manner, just include applications in HP and do not show them in CP and/or Store. In this case they will not cost anything, but your customer wouldn't been confused with their amount.
    But, you still have to register OS and Application templates from each VZ node.

3. PhilP

PhilP Kilo Poster

I'm not sure if you understand what I mean or if I'm not clear on your response.

On standalone Plesk all applications are available. and displayed to the customer.

On Plesk node integrated with PBAS it is necessary to registered the applications we wish to make available to the customer otherwise they are not displayed in Plesk. We would like to show all applications but without having to first register those applications in PBAS (why does PBAS need to know if we wish to list all ?)

4. dkolvakh

dkolvakh Odin Team

Well, now seems it's clear for me what are you talking about. Some applications available for Plesk can cost money for provider, or require to get license from Plesk Node license pool. That's why we cannot just "enable all by default".

Due to Plesk API limitations, PBAS need to explicitly set name of application, which should be available for customer. That's why it's required to register all Plesk applications from Plesk nodes in PBAS, and show them in HP further.

The only one moment I suppose is absent - mass operations upon "Plesk Site Applications (Application Vault)" in HP. Having "main" checkboxes for "Enabled", "Included", "Show in CP", "Show in Store" controls you'll be able to mass edit all PSA at once, if you do not decide to sell them for some price.

Am I clear now? Is this exactly you've meant above?

5. PhilP

PhilP Kilo Poster

Sorry - took me a while to come back to this:

Maybe I can explain better. Right now of you buy Plesk standalone you can let customers have all applications, paid for or not.

Why is it not possible to have PBAS Plesk nodes and just allow ALL applications to be available for the customer - let them make the choice.

I don't understand why I NEED to synchronise those apps with PBAS.

Maybe if I'm going to use PBAS to sell some of those apps, sure, I understand then, but if not, then I would prefer to be able to just make all available.

Just a simple option - make all available, or not.

6. FedorK

FedorK Mega Poster

I file feature request for this. It will be scheduled soon.

7. PhilP

PhilP Kilo Poster

Thank you.