Login to end-user plesk panel as admin

Discussion in 'Plesk Automation Suggestions and Feedback' started by GregorL, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

I noticed that from the Billing Panel -> Business operations -> Customers, I can easily login to the customers billing section as administrator.

However, I can not seem to find such a function for the actual hosting panel.
    Is there such a function?

2. Andrew Andriatis

Andrew Andriatis Odin Team

There should be at least one active subscription for the customer. In this case you'll see "Log in" in the column Available Operations on the Customer List screen.

3. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

I do see a Login under available operation.
    However, when I click on it, I end up under:
    https://removed:8443/plesk-billing/client/index.php

which shows me logged in as the user and I can see all the billing related things.
    However, everything else is missing like the website management, email management.

When I log in as the user directly I end up here:
    https://removed:8443/smb/admin-home

That would be the place I would like to end up when I use the login link under "available operations".

4. Andrew Andriatis

Hi, Gregor,
    Found the problem at last. Take a look at the subscription status for the customer. Current billing behavior is that if subscription was provisioned successfully, it redirects the customer to the hosting panel. Otherwise – to the customer panel in billing. We’ll see what can be done to make the behavior less confusing. Some problems are caused by the bugs in provisioning, which we are still fixing.

5. GregorL

GregorL Kilo Poster

Confirmed it is now working for me as you described.

6. Andrew Andriatis

Just FYI: we have scheduled a feature for Plesk panel to let the registered customers into the panel even if they don't have a subscription yet. The only available will be the Account tab in this case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.