IP Based Hosting

Discussion in 'Plesk 6.0 Installation and 'How Do I' Questions' started by Michael@, Jun 27, 2003.

1. hansm

hansm Kilo Poster

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 2:57 AM
    To: h.mosselaer@home.nl
    Cc: bugreport@plesk.com
    Subject: Re: IP Based Hosting

There is no IP-based virtual hosts in apache anymore, there is multiply
    name-based domains support. If you need access some domain via
    http://<IP>, you should set this domain as default for this IP. It can
    be done though SERVER -> IP ALIASES -> click on number in "H" column for
    this IP -> choose default domain. The same can be done though
    Client/Reseller interface.

Thanks.
    --
    Vitaly Malakhov
    Technical Support Dept.

2. Gisele Grenier

Gisele Grenier Kilo Poster

I'm running FreeBSD 4.7 and although I don't think it makes a difference, I actually have to restart Apache from the control panel to make the domain accessible.

3. defencer

defencer Tera Poster

In Plesk 6.0 apache restarts not often than once in 900 secs (15 min) by default. If you want to change this value just change it in misc table:

$ mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "update misc set val='60' where param='restart_apache_interval'"

In this case apache will restart not often than once in a minute.

4. Gisele Grenier

Gisele Grenier Kilo Poster

We assign static IP's to every domain on the server, so once the IP is assigned in IP Pools and/or IP Aliasing.. shouldn't the domain be accessible by the IP number right away, or would it only be accessible once apache restarted?

5. defencer

defencer Tera Poster

Web server will be accessible after restart apache. BTW, you can manage apache restart interval on SERVER->PREFERENCES page.

6. jared

jared Guest

Interesting. I ran into this as well and checked for the option to change the default domain on both the Client IP Pool Preference page and the Server IP Aliasing page and only found "Default domain None" in either section. There's no way of changing it. Am I missing something?

7. Viocon

Viocon Guest

You would think that if you create a a domain wth a dedicated IP that it would automatically be accessible by that IP. I'm not sure either why we have to go through this whole default domain thing.

8. defencer

defencer Tera Poster

Yes. Click on the number in the "H" column, not on IP address.