IP Based Hosting

Discussion in 'Plesk 6.0 Installation and 'How Do I' Questions' started by Michael@, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

How can i reach a domain over IP Adress?
    I added an client an gave him an exclusive IP
    I set the Hosting but when i try to connect over IP i just get Plesk
    Standard Page:

This is the Pleskâ„¢ default page.
    If you see this page it means:

1) hosting for this domain is not configured
    or
    2) there's no such domain registered in Plesk.

What is wrong?

Thank
    Michael

2. hostanet

hostanet Guest

Restart Apache

3. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

did not help, when i connect a domain to the ip it works but only ip i get the standrad plesk page

4. levrah

levrah Mega Poster

Mike.

I may be totally missing the crux of your question, but...

When one creates a new domain - IP based or otherwise - the directory structure is built for that new domain (from the contents of the .skel directory) which means ... it'll show a default Plesk page ... unless you've customized the contents of that .skel directory).

Have you (or your customer) FTP'd to the IP to upload your own index? ...just like one would do normally to begin installing web site components following setup of hosting for a domain.

Like I said, I may be missing your question completely. It might not be anything remotely as simple as what I've tried to help with above. In this case, maybe more details of the problem would be a good idea. :)

HTH
    -mike

P.S. The other possibility is that you created hosting for this domain/IP but clicked the little "on/off" button to turn hosting off and didn't realize it. Check to make sure on your list of domains screen that you don't have that particular domain w/a red X or OFF icon. In this case, turn the domain back on and retry. Uploading something other than a default Plesk index is still necessary though.

5. pleuck

pleuck Kilo Poster

Maybe something simple :)

Make sure you have replaced the index.html page or delete it if you are using index.htm or index.shtml or index.php. Your browser will always use the .html file first, ignoring the rest.

6. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

Hi,
    i discribe what i mean :)
    Please klick http://test.metz.to/
    you the the placeholder for plesk so it is fine. I gave this domain the IP 207.44.162.207 (exclusive IP)
    If i try to reach now the site with http://207.44.162.207
    it do not work you the the Plesk default site not the Placeholder.
    This is what i mean with IP based hosting. In Plesk 5 There is no Problem to reach the sites over IP if you selsct IP Based Hosting.

So what is wrong ?

Michael

7. hardweb

hardweb Guru

8. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

Hi,
    so what do i have to do that both comes to the same ?
    In PSA 5 when you made IP based Hosting, it comes automticly to the same directory. What do i have to do in PSA6 ?

Michael

9. pleuck

pleuck Kilo Poster

I have the same thing happening with Plesk 6.0. Just did a test upgrade on local machine from PSA 5 standard to Plesk 6. The IP always shows the default server page. Deleted and re-created site and same thing. Yet when I FTP to the IP used I see the correct page (domain default page). With this new IP system does Plesk 6 directly support IP based domains? Or is this something going on with the install? Since this is a test license I cannot put more than one in. By the way the upgrade worked fine otherwise. (BTW RH 7.2)

Is it a .skel thing?

10. Phil@

Phil@ Tera Poster

I have the same thing..

I configured an IP-Based Hosting for a test domain, after the propagation of the domain, I can access the webcontent through the domainname.. but not through the IP-address..

Somebody else the same problem?

11. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

Hi,
    i think everybody has the Problem!

12. pleuck

pleuck Kilo Poster

Are you guys upgrading from RPM or standard versions

13. defencer

defencer Tera Poster

You can reach your domain over IP address by setting up your domain as Default domain for this IP address. You can do this in client's IP pool page or in IP aliasing page.

14. Mirco@

Mirco@ Mega Poster

indeed :)

15. Michael@

Michael@ Mega Poster

Hi,
    great this solve this Problem :)

Thanks

16. Xventus

Xventus Guest

I still have the exact same problem.

I added an IP 195.86.46.75, went to the address pool of my client, selected Default domain tamos.xventus.com
    and clicked update.

The domains of client Xventus Networks that use exclusive ip address 195.86.46.75

Domain
    tamos.xventus.com

Selected.
    http://tamos.xventus.com
    http://195.86.46.75

Strange thing doesnt work!

17. defencer

defencer Tera Poster

bash-2.05a$ host tamos.xventus.com
    Host tamos.xventus.com not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
    bash-2.05a$

18. Xventus

Xventus Guest

It is fixed ;)

You need to restart Apache!

19. hansm

hansm Kilo Poster

its not solved.

i want to see my page on a exclusive ip, and if i go to the ip im still getting the page that the domain isnt configured but its configured.

something is wrong in plesk 6.

20. hansm

hansm Kilo Poster

Fr sure, IP Based hosting isnt working in plesk 6.